Author Topic: Scooby No.4  (Read 4745 times)

May 26, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
Reply #45

Rjay

Gud luck! You better brush up on your sales pitch skills!
Hahaha!!!
;-)

May 30, 2013, 06:37:03 PM
Reply #46

silver6933

• WRX = meccano set

• View Profile
    • Email
Those look good enough.

The OEM part is way over priced imho.  I think a large part of that is profit and shipping.

But then again, i doubt the partquip unit in made in SA.

BTW my OEM part has this annnoying habit of collecting small stones in  the drain holes.  I need to full remove them to clean out the debris.  And it is  schlep.

June 04, 2013, 12:48:56 PM
Reply #47

PaulC

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Rjay;12176
Here's the mudflaps I fitted.  
I hope its visible!

W~O~W~!~!

You certainly cannot go wrong at R 73 for those - they look great, and also look as if they will actually work, rather than the little ones that are OE!!

Very nice indeed!
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

June 04, 2013, 09:03:06 PM
Reply #48

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Just fitted the genuine Subaru mud flaps - took a full 30min for all 4 - including a coffee before to check the instructions.

A few things I like to note:

They fit perfectly

It is blatantly apparent that the car was designed with them and then removed to generate additional cash, as they reinforce the car even more and clearly form part of the designed structure - on the rear they reduce the movement on the rear bumper by a lot!

Only need star & flat screwdriver and 8mm & 10mm socket.

They will greatly reduce damage, but I would recommend larger/longer flaps if you use gravel roads daily, but perfect for the occasional gravel travel and reduce spray on rainy days.

At R1300 they are not cheap, but not expensive when compared to other brands.

I am very happy with them, as it suits my usage and looks like they where factory fitted.
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

June 05, 2013, 03:10:30 PM
Reply #49

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: PieterT;12387

They will greatly reduce damage, but I would recommend larger/longer flaps if you use gravel roads daily, but perfect for the occasional gravel travel and reduce spray on rainy days.

At R1300 they are not cheap, but not expensive when compared to other brands.

I am very happy with them, as it suits my usage and looks like they where factory fitted.

I wanted to fit them as the do look the best, but for this reason I did not. I drive gravel everytime I turn the key.
If want to spend R1300 on an accessory I'll take more functional over good looks.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

June 05, 2013, 11:28:44 PM
Reply #50

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Agreed. I would have made the same choice.
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

September 10, 2015, 03:30:51 PM
Reply #51

andrew5336

Quote from: Wynandd;10176
What was the cause of the oscillation?

Too many pills, my friend.

If you don't know what the restricor pill does, read here

Now, according to the following picture, the pill is located in line 1, which is correct:

However, My XT, and apparently all SH XT's, has a second pill located in Line 2.

(The following explanation may not be 100% correct but this is what my theory is)

This can cause the wastegate actuator not getting enough pressure to open when the the Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) opens to bleed off pressure, causing the turbo to over-boost. The ECU detects the overboost and closes the BCS causing the pressure to rise to the wastegate actuator, thus opening it to drop the boost. But since the programmed Waste Gate Duty Cycle calls for the BCS to operate, it opens again causing the Waste-gate not to operate and overboosting again and so it goes round-and-round ;-)

So, thanks to Mark at Subaru Somerset-West's advice, I removed the second pill in line 2 and it operates fine now.

EDIT: However, I still experience a slight boost spike when accelerating. I think my BCS might be dirty causing it to be lazy. I'll try cleaning it out sometime to see if it improves.

Hey guys

I see on my SG (same issue) that there seems to be only a "pill" in line 1.

Would removing this possibly sort out my issue or does it need the "pill" in line 1?

September 10, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Reply #52

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys

I see on my SG (same issue) that there seems to be only a "pill" in line 1.

Would removing this possibly sort out my issue or does it need the "pill" in line 1?

No. Please don't remove the pill from line 1. If you do, too much air will flow through and the Boost Solenoid will not be able to bleed the pressure off. Your wastegate will stay open and you will only see max 0.5bar boost.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

September 10, 2015, 04:25:33 PM
Reply #53

andrew5336

Thanks.