Author Topic: Low Spec XV  (Read 1093 times)

March 22, 2013, 12:11:41 PM
Read 1093 times

Dene

  • Sr. Member

  • Offline
  • ****

  • 424
  • Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just received our low spec XV, looses reverse camera, multi function display, dual climate control, sunroof and xenons ( must still check on the xenons ) and R 36000 off the price so the manual comes in at R 299 000.

March 22, 2013, 02:02:57 PM
Reply #1

PaulC

  • Hero Member

  • Offline
  • *****

  • 926
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes, ours has also just arrived, and I'm hoping to wiggle out of my Fiat 500 :o Company car and into the XV.

I'm currently living without reverse camera and MFD, so I'm sure I would survive! :p
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

March 27, 2013, 01:15:32 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member

  • Offline
  • *****

  • 10212
    • View Profile
    • Email
No no, say it isn't so. You cant de-spec the car to R299k It be reduced.

Now its still overpriced.  :(
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

March 27, 2013, 05:08:52 PM
Reply #3

BigWilly

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 206
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Dene;10650
Just received our low spec XV, looses reverse camera, multi function display, dual climate control, sunroof and xenons ( must still check on the xenons ) and R 36000 off the price so the manual comes in at R 299 000.

I don't mind losing all the extras, but to lose R299 000! :p
2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT

March 27, 2013, 07:12:43 PM
Reply #4

PaulC

  • Hero Member

  • Offline
  • *****

  • 926
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Steve;10754
No no, say it isn't so. You cant de-spec the car to R299k It be reduced.

Now its still overpriced.  :(


I disagree Steve - it is still bloody well specced - rather a n XV at 299 than a FWD Jeep Compass 2 litre for the same price - there's just no comparison.

Remember I drive both cars daily and the XV makes  the Jeep look terrible.
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

March 27, 2013, 07:41:57 PM
Reply #5

Stev0

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member

  • Offline
  • *****

  • 10212
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: PaulC;10766
I disagree Steve - it is still bloody well specced - rather a n XV at 299 than a FWD Jeep Compass 2 litre for the same price - there's just no comparison.

Remember I drive both cars daily and the XV makes  the Jeep look terrible.


The XV was overpriced to start with for such a niche vehicle. If you loose all the goodies, you have a bare shell. Then you just as well buy a Polo Vivo


The Forester X (new) makes a much stronger argument now.
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R