Author Topic: Genuine Subaru Rubber floor mats absolute rubbish  (Read 746 times)

April 17, 2013, 02:43:47 PM
Read 746 times

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email
I bought a set of genuine Subaru rubber floor mats from Subaru last year around 3rd December. They work and fit well in terms of catching all the sand and dirt but by end of February (3 months) they had a couple of holes worn through on the drivers mat from my shoe heels. I wear normal suit shoes during the week and takkies on the weekend, like most of us I'm sure.

Subaru swopped them for me stating that this had never happend before (ofcourse) and suggested that i need to leave the carpet mats in below the rubber ones (which I dont think is true if you study the special clamp they supply you with to fit the rubber ones). Anyway I left the carpet ones in and placed the new ones on top. Well these have now lasted exactly 1 month and a hole is just about worn through again!

In case you all think I am rough on cars I still have original brake pads in my car from new and am at 55 000kms. So I tend to be quite conservative and carefull with her.

Has anyone else had the same trouble? I would have been better off buying some cheap mats from Midas or Pick n Pay like in my Syncro, which have lasted for years.

April 17, 2013, 06:51:03 PM
Reply #1

subie

• View Profile
    • Email
Same here. Before my new forester had 5000km on the clock I realised my driverside floor mat is stuffed. Riding around with piece of carpet over it :mad:
Crap quality like most of interior materials.

April 18, 2013, 07:27:11 AM
Reply #2

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Is it not maybe the quality of the mats in the SH..?

My SG still has the original carpets in and the car has about 175 000 km's on it.

My wife's SH has the original carpets in, but at around 60 000 km's, they were taking strain.

I cut some rubber mats to fit and life is good again.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

April 18, 2013, 04:19:15 PM
Reply #3

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email

My SG still has the original carpets in and the car has about 175 000 km's on it.

My carpets that the car came with are fine, these mats i refer to are the "special" rubber accessory mats. I bought them as they fit perfeclty but the rubber they use is really bad!

Pity, because they really do help keep dirt and sand out of the car expecially on a trip say to Moz. Just hate "authentic" stuff that is no good!

April 19, 2013, 08:19:37 AM
Reply #4

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Ooops, sorry.
I thought you were talking about the carpets.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

April 19, 2013, 10:56:09 AM
Reply #5

Wynandd

• View Profile
    • Email
I've bought a set of cheapo Autoquip rubber mats, the ones with the ridge that hold the mud, etc,   which lasted me probably as long as your "authentic" Subaru ones....! Mine, I must admit, are crap and are now starting to crack and tear, but then I suppose I got what I paid for!

I got them once when we went into the forest and I wanted to prevent getting in and out with mud caked boots, all over the carpets, so bought for one time use, almost 10 months ago and still going, not too bad I suppose!
Ex - 2007 Subaru Forester XS
Ex - 2008 Subaru Forester XT
Current - 2010 Subaru Forester XT

April 19, 2013, 11:11:59 AM
Reply #6

Dene

• Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
You guys must stop wearing your wive's stilettos then your mats will last longer.....lol.

April 19, 2013, 11:42:36 AM
Reply #7

PaulC

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Dene;11330
You guys must stop wearing your wive's stilettos then your mats will last longer.....lol.

My thoughts exactly!! :p
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X