Author Topic: My baby got hurt  (Read 963 times)

May 16, 2013, 02:15:00 PM
Read 963 times

Lee_2002STI

Went to see a client 2 days ago at their new premises they building.. Arrive there and guys are paving, so wave me down and say I must go over the grass side. Being a nice guy I do that.. I hear a little bump like you do in a WRX when you go over speed bumps.. Think nothing of it.. Meeting over I hop in my car and off I go.. Not 2 minutes later I get a Engine Check light.. WTF...
As they are laying out for the new buildings and walls they marked the area with 20mm pegs.. Long grass.. Pegs hidden.. Well just my luck.. I went over one that took out my oil cooler :(
But damage is done.. I towed her back to my place.. No big knock sound as yet.. You can hear it through the oil filler as clear as day..
I'm just hoping its just bearings and crank and no other damage.. As is SRD quoted me just over 20k to do just crank and bearings..

May 16, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Reply #1

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Surely you can claim this from whoever put the pegs there..?
The paving guys said you should drive there.
They should have something in place that if they doing the paving, clients/customers can still drive safely.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

May 16, 2013, 03:06:03 PM
Reply #2

Wynandd

• View Profile
    • Email
Eina! Try your insurance also, it should be an insured event, as it is accidental damage. Good luck bro!
Ex - 2007 Subaru Forester XS
Ex - 2008 Subaru Forester XT
Current - 2010 Subaru Forester XT

May 16, 2013, 03:15:57 PM
Reply #3

Lee_2002STI

I spoke to client.. He is willing to pay 8k towards it.. We all know how contractors work.. They blame the workers.. So I will foot the bill anyway. Not gonna chase up my insurance as she is my weekend car. Just unfortunate I chose to take her that day instead of my usual 2 wheels ...

May 16, 2013, 03:26:58 PM
Reply #4

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Bad news, but insurance should cover you.
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

May 17, 2013, 08:03:45 AM
Reply #5

subie

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Lee_2002STI;11936
Went to see a client 2 days ago at their new premises they building.. Arrive there and guys are paving, so wave me down and say I must go over the grass side. Being a nice guy I do that.. I hear a little bump like you do in a WRX when you go over speed bumps.. Think nothing of it.. Meeting over I hop in my car and off I go.. Not 2 minutes later I get a Engine Check light.. WTF...
As they are laying out for the new buildings and walls they marked the area with 20mm pegs.. Long grass.. Pegs hidden.. Well just my luck.. I went over one that took out my oil cooler :(
But damage is done.. I towed her back to my place.. No big knock sound as yet.. You can hear it through the oil filler as clear as day..
I'm just hoping its just bearings and crank and no other damage.. As is SRD quoted me just over 20k to do just crank and bearings..[/quote]

Wow ! How the other half live and operate :p
Just bearings and crank would be a major biggie for me and the 20k even more so:eek:

May 20, 2013, 09:00:43 AM
Reply #6

Lee_2002STI

Quote from: subie;11955
Quote from: Lee_2002STI;11936
I'm just hoping its just bearings and crank and no other damage.. As is SRD quoted me just over 20k to do just crank and bearings..[/quote]

Wow ! How the other half live and operate :p
Just bearings and crank would be a major biggie for me and the 20k even more so:eek:

I'm scraping the moola together lol... Had a ton of Evo spares that I have had to sell to get my baby running.. But thats what we do to ensure our babies stay healthy hey. Luckily for me there are Evo guys out there needing bits like turbos and AYC pumps etc.. Stuff I had laying around. The few bits I had left from owning 2 Evo's has got me 3/4's to the money required to make sure my baby gets sorted this week...

May 22, 2013, 08:32:54 PM
Reply #7

silver6933

• WRX = meccano set

• View Profile
    • Email
Gawd dang this sucks man.  I feel for you.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and reasonably.