Author Topic: Lebombo eco trail - Kruger  (Read 906 times)

May 26, 2013, 11:04:20 PM
Read 906 times

Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi all

I recently became the very proud owner of a 2007 forester x (my 4th Subaru, second Foz... yes, i have an addiction;) )

Now, after seeing all the amazing places you guys have taken your foresters, it got me thinking. I really want to do the Lebombo eco trail in Kruger, so my question is, would she be able to handle it? has anyone else taken a Foz on this trail?

Thanks
2017 Subaru Forester XS
(ex)2016 Subaru Forester 2.0 XT
(ex)2014 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS CVT
(ex)2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
(ex)2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 x
(ex)2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT
(ex)2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
Yes, I like Subaru's :)

July 21, 2015, 08:56:25 AM
Reply #1

trapsuutjies

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi! I'm considering the same route, have you done it, and how was it? If you haven't, why not? From the description any 4x4 should be able to handle it, though low range is probably a plus. There are also a few shorter 4x4 routes in the Kruger that would probably be a good warm up/evaluation exercise before going for the long one - their details can be found here http://www.sanparks.co.za/parks/kruger/tourism/activities/4x4_adv_trails.php

July 21, 2015, 02:55:45 PM
Reply #2

Gasman5

• Personal Text
    2013 Forrester 2.5 XS
    • View Profile
The only person I know who has done the Lebombo trail was in a Fortuner, and said it was pretty easy going. Never used low range (so he says).

September 04, 2015, 03:25:31 PM
Reply #3

trapsuutjies

• View Profile
    • Email
The only person I know who has done the Lebombo trail was in a Fortuner, and said it was pretty easy going. Never used low range (so he says).

My limited experience with a Fortuner is that it's always in low range: The bumpy suspension, uncomfortable seats, and poor fuel consumption (on the petrol ones) always ensure you don't WANT to drive far *run and hide*