Author Topic: Justy taken delivery of new Forester XT  (Read 526 times)

September 24, 2013, 05:17:07 PM
Read 526 times

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email
Just got my new car on Friday last week. Awesome in every respect! Lots fo toys to play with and the drive, so quiet and I can only describe it as fluid. The CVT box is brilliant.  

Only niggly is a distinct sound emanating from the left front suspension area when going over any mildly rough tar bits. Sounds like a bush that hasn't seated properly or is worn. Subaru can hear it and it has to go back tommorrow to see if they can find out what it is.

Such a pity as otherwise a completey quiet car! I hope they do sort it out as its clearly not a usual noise and actually quite disconcerting. Anyone out there with a new SJ that has experienced something similar?

September 24, 2013, 07:36:14 PM
Reply #1

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

September 24, 2013, 07:42:10 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Lekker cars. What color?
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

September 24, 2013, 09:38:17 PM
Reply #3

mauritsvw

• View Profile
    • Email
Congratulations! Pic please?

About that knocking sound, I had  something similar on my Impreza once, and it turned out to be a loose  caliper bolt, which was easy to fix (interestingly enough the dealer  could not find the problem, but Supaquick could).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:39:46 PM by mauritsvw »
2012 Forester XS MT - Steel Silver (Vossie 1)
2006 Forester XT AT - Platinum Silver (Vossie 2)
Ex 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS Sportwagon - Aqua Blue (Scoob y)

September 25, 2013, 01:07:18 PM
Reply #4

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email
Only one boring pic in driveway when i got her home originally. Now she's back in Subaru to find that noise, so I'll take more pics in more appropriate surroundings like dirt and mud when i get her back;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

September 25, 2013, 01:21:13 PM
Reply #5

Terrano

She looks stunning, may she provide you with many happy smiles and miles.

September 25, 2013, 01:22:16 PM
Reply #6

PaulC

• View Profile
    • Email
What a beauty!! :D

When I looked at the thumbnail, I thought you were doing some cross axle stuff already, but it's just the shadows if you look quickly! :o

I did a demo in an identical one on Friday - it's been a couple of months since I drove our demo, and I fell in love all over again - these  cars are spectacular!
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

September 25, 2013, 03:07:08 PM
Reply #7

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email

I did a demo in an identical one on Friday - it's been a couple of months since I drove our demo, and I fell in love all over again - these cars are spectacular!
They are really are spectacular as you say, perhaps not quite a quick as the S edtion? But the whole vehicles drive and feel and the CVT just makes it really quite luxurious while still knowing that there's a whole lot under the hood and...she can still do offroad really well!

Funny, I come from having always wanting gears but now?? Not so sure anymore....

September 26, 2013, 11:08:55 AM
Reply #8

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Seeing it in the white makes me sommer want to buy one.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

September 26, 2013, 03:27:16 PM
Reply #9

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email
So a well done to Danie, workshop manager (I think) of Subaru Bryanston, who has just spent 2 days and many hours on my car sorting the noise out. It appears it was a faulty left front shock. They replaced it with a new one and I'm due to collect car once I can figure out how to actually get there :p.

Lets hope it is the real problem and if it is then I'm really pleased to have a whole new car that is dead quiet, as its supposed to be....

September 30, 2013, 05:55:14 PM
Reply #10

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shot boet, nice one!
And you've made us all jealous!
So now we can arrange that De Wildt day...
;)
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..

October 01, 2013, 09:02:50 AM
Reply #11

25boxer

• View Profile
    • Email
We gotta do something soon as I need to get a new pic of her in some kind of action for the forum picture thingy, like your one in the snow;).