Author Topic: New Impreza  (Read 815 times)

December 19, 2013, 08:23:14 AM
Read 815 times

F

• Personal Text
    Subaru fan, although I drive a LR now.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Found this on the new impreza WRX today:
http://www.beeld.com/bylae/2013-12-18-woelige-ryding-op-koers-na-sa

Looks like a nice one. I took the wide body WRX for a spin on Tuesday- what a car- the acceleration is intoxicating. After that I went to look at a hatch back WRX- it had some work done-extremely big exhaust- a bit too much for me. Also I think the brakes were shot, stopping power much less than I suspected...(much worse than the wide body and even worse than my XS)
I now only realize that the WRX clutch is not always heavy- the first one I test drove was a hawk eye and the clutch on that particular one weight a ton- certainly not something I could get used to. The two I test drove on Tuesday had light clutches, no more heavy than my Forester XS.

Tempting...
2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE. BFG A/T tyres, other goodies still to come.
Ex: 2006 Forester XS manual; sump protector; 24mm LSS lift kit; thule roof rack and roof box; rally armor m/flaps.
Ex: 2005 Maxda mx5, supercharged. Then my boy was born...

December 19, 2013, 09:10:08 AM
Reply #1

Jacques

• View Profile
There are already a couple of road tests on youtube about the new WRX. I'm not a big fan of the new look.

I still lust after the current widebody WRX. Also went for a test drive in one a couple of weeks ago. At from Subaru Centurion was behind the wheel and he didn't hold back. He certianly showed what the car can do! The cornering speed is mind boggling :eek:
2006 Forester XT MT - 20G'd

July 24, 2014, 01:17:32 AM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R