Author Topic: Kills!!!  (Read 7324 times)

February 21, 2014, 01:29:34 PM
Read 7324 times

GODZILLA

• View Profile
    • Email
One thing I am missing under the turbo talk section is a thread about “Kills”. So in other words, which dices against what cars have you guys had and what have the results been. Even some quarter mile times if available will be great. Give as much detail as you want and especially your current power output.
I will start us off. I have a 2005 XT Foz pushing 151wkw. I have taken on the following:
Ø  Mazda MPS (It had some big pipes and a dumpvalve from what I could hear and see, don’t know what else) – Robot to robot: 1st and second gear won by a nose.
Ø  Volvo S60 T6 - Robot to robot: 1st, second and 3rd gear dead even.
Ø  Focus RS (Yes I know, but I am the eternal optimist) – Gave the guy a proper scare in first gear (AWD showing its steel), second gear I was barely hanging in, but when we hit 3rd he dropped me like an old girlfriend!

February 22, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Reply #1

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice Godzilla!

Back in 2006 when I just bought my 2.0R hawkeye impreza (The best impreza ever, for the record :) ) I went on holiday to Sedgefield.
Just before George, I was sitting at a robot just looking in-front of me not paying attention to other road users next to me. When the light went green, I gassed it just to enjoy my new ride at sea altitude, meaning better performance.
While shifting through the gears, I noticed a load growl next to me also running through gears. When I hit 3rd, I looked and there was a M3 next to me.
Now, either it was a fake M3 (looked pretty real to me) or the guy was just cruising through the gears, listening to the engine noise. I laughed out load thinking imagine a 2 litre N/A impreza keeping up with an M3.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

February 22, 2014, 11:01:28 PM
Reply #2

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Reminds me of my wife coming home one day demanding that she wants a faster car.
She had a 93 Opel 1.4 S - she loved to pull other small cars at the robots.
This afternoon in question she took on an old 80's model Opel Cub and was dropped badly.
When I asked her did she not notice anything about the vehicle that was different, she said it had Boss written on the back!! Still makes me laugh - she tried to take on a 2ltr Super Boss Turbo!
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

February 22, 2014, 11:12:01 PM
Reply #3

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Most scary/powerfull car I have been in was owned by a colleague.
E46 Bmw M3 - Bilstein shocks, stop tech brakes, 21' tyres, titanium sports exhaust, short shifter, racing suspension bushes and links - and to go faster - supercharger, methane, tune and some odd bits.
Pushed just over 400kw!!

Nothing kept up at the robots or at Killarney!

February 23, 2014, 07:11:52 AM
Reply #4

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
When we first got the XT, my wife loved taking on the wannabee racers (usually a free flo exhaust and mags)

She would first check out what the badging was on the car, then phone me and ask if she could take him.

The look on their faces when they got their arse handed to them by a woman driver in the family wagon, PRICELESS!!!!!!

We still have a lot of fun with the D4D's.
They seem to thing they are the No 1 contenders to take on an XT.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

February 23, 2014, 08:17:09 AM
Reply #5

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Jip, the D4D's are constantly taking me on - priceless to see the macho guys being dropped by a 2ltr diesel - the XT must really kill them!!

When I just got mine - My father in law made the mistake to take me on in his 2.5 Fortuner going up Van Rhyns pass - needless to say, went past him in a flash and left him way behind on the first corner!!

February 23, 2014, 10:48:04 AM
Reply #6

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: PieterT;16744
Most scary/powerfull car I have been in was owned by a colleague.
E46 Bmw M3 - Bilstein shocks, stop tech brakes, 21' tyres, titanium sports exhaust, short shifter, racing suspension bushes and links - and to go faster - supercharger, methane, tune and some odd bits.
Pushed just over 400kw!!

Nothing kept up at the robots or at Killarney!

My brother-in-law had an BMW with a Toyota Supra motor he built in with a Automatic box. Power figures were not available but he mentioned +300KW.
That thing was a beast but I did not really ride in it.

The scariest thing I was riding shotgon was a 2006 Hawkeye STI with about 260KW under the hood. Hitting 160 between robots in Kimberley was kind of a hectic experience as they are close to each other.
However, each time I visited Subaru Kimberley the STI stood there with the engine removed. Seems like the guys who did the conversion in Joburg really botched it. Can't remember who they were, but all I can say they are none of the guys mentioned on the Forums.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T

February 23, 2014, 10:50:55 AM
Reply #7

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Manfred;16745

She would first check out what the badging was on the car, then phone me and ask if she could take him.

Now that is priceless!!
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T

February 24, 2014, 06:44:55 AM
Reply #8

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Didn't last long.

She started getting brave  and was taking almost anything on.

She was very pissed off when a Volksie left her behind.
She said it was a funny looking VW.
I eventually narrowed it down to a Scirocco.
Told her that not all the cars on the road are standard.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift

February 24, 2014, 07:46:32 AM
Reply #9

Dash

• View Profile
    • Email
Robot dices....I haven't done that in a long long time now, I must be getting old!

My most memorable was back in January '07. I'd bought my 1st Forester XT the year before and joined the Subaru club later that year. I launched my XT off the line for the first time ever at a Subaru club day, challenged by a guy from the Ford Focus ST club. They were running 1/8th mile drags that day, perfect for the XT but I still thought it would be close.

Now you may remember that in 2007 Ford Focus STs were hot property amongst the hot hatch brigade. Here is the video his mate took at the event (excuse his language :) ): http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/PJBasson/?action=view¤t=video-0003.mp4,

it's horrible footage but you get the idea of the sort of gap XTs could pull on performance cars off the line. By chance I read some discussion on the Ford ST owners forum many months later and saw them surmising I’d modified it. Stock standard boys!

I had a few similar incidents with GTis and two other memorable ones with a BMW 650i and a Porsche 928 S between robots later that year.
2006 Forester XT with 20G turbo
2013 Outback 2.0D CVT
ex- 2007 Forester XT
ex 2008 modified Forester ProDrive
ex-2006 Forester XT

February 24, 2014, 08:58:57 AM
Reply #10

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Manfred;16751
Didn't last long.

She started getting brave  and was taking almost anything on.

She was very pissed off when a Volksie left her behind.
She said it was a funny looking VW.
I eventually narrowed it down to a Scirocco.
Told her that not all the cars on the road are standard.

If it was the Scirocco R series, she did not stand a chance in the stock XT Automatic.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T

March 04, 2014, 08:53:16 PM
Reply #11

SniperHilton

• Global Moderator

• S-Edition Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
Driving home this evening I had a Jeep SRT8 pull up along side me and rev up. At the lights he was ahead of me but gave it his all, so I followed suit... And stuck right on his tail. I think he was quite surprised. Considering he had a GTR sticker with "killer" written beneath it on his boot. Anyways, back to the kill - Next set of lights we were along side each other, and when the lights changed, he simply left me standing there. As soon as I hit boost, I was back - but already about 2 car lengths behind him, and not gaining or losing. Obviously the pull away of the S-Edition isn't so great. Does anyone know if there is anything that can be modified to get a more instant pull away?

2013 Forester S-Edition | Chett Tuned - 1.2BAR | TNT DumpPipe | Zorst

March 05, 2014, 07:52:36 AM
Reply #12

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Manual gearbox       :rolleyes:     LOL

Isn't there someone out there that "tunes" the auto box software..?
Surely that should help a little.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift

March 05, 2014, 11:31:05 AM
Reply #13

Dash

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: SniperHilton;16803
Driving home this evening I had a Jeep SRT8 pull up along side me and rev up. At the lights he was ahead of me but gave it his all, so I followed suit... And stuck right on his tail. I think he was quite surprised. Considering he had a GTR sticker with "killer" written beneath it on his boot. Anyways, back to the kill - Next set of lights we were along side each other, and when the lights changed, he simply left me standing there. As soon as I hit boost, I was back - but already about 2 car lengths behind him, and not gaining or losing. Obviously the pull away of the S-Edition isn't so great. Does anyone know if there is anything that can be modified to get a more instant pull away?

You can be very pleased you stayed with him, those SRT8s are monsters. 0-100km/h in 5s dead, so even in a manual you would have battled. Unless you'd hung back at the line... and then jumped the start a little...you may have made him sweat a bit.
2006 Forester XT with 20G turbo
2013 Outback 2.0D CVT
ex- 2007 Forester XT
ex 2008 modified Forester ProDrive
ex-2006 Forester XT

March 05, 2014, 12:04:17 PM
Reply #14

SniperHilton

• Global Moderator

• S-Edition Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
I agree, those things are monsters! I had a chat to him at the last set of lights before we went our separate ways, and he was asking about power of the S-Edition, so he might of been a bit surprised. But straight up said if had a better pull away I would of been even with him the whole way though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

2013 Forester S-Edition | Chett Tuned - 1.2BAR | TNT DumpPipe | Zorst