Author Topic: WC : Brekkie run  (Read 764 times)

April 07, 2014, 09:16:29 PM
Read 764 times

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Who is keen for a little brekkie run?
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

April 08, 2014, 06:10:59 PM
Reply #1

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
This will be tar only.

April 08, 2014, 06:11:00 PM
Reply #2

F4RS1D3

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Steve;17330
Who is keen for a little brekkie run?

Me.  

On a related note: Are any of you members of SOCSA WC (Subaru Owners Club of South Africa) or SFC (Subaru Fun Crew)?  Both clubs/crews do regular breakfast runs if anybody is keen to join.  Would be nice to have more Foresters attending.
"Life is a journey, enjoy the ride"
04 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT, 219kW (Pyro tuned TD05H-18GTX)
03 Legacy 2.0 GT 5EAT (OEM claimed 171kW...)
16 XV 2.0 CVT

April 08, 2014, 08:17:32 PM
Reply #3

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
When have you got in mind?
I am keen, but very tied up at the moment!
Not that my Diesel stands any chance to "run" with you guys!

Talking about outings - I see there is a drifting competition - Supadrift - this weekend at Grand West - might go if my wife is not working on Saturday.

When are we doing a Atlantis outing? I need some dune experience!
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

April 08, 2014, 09:48:10 PM
Reply #4

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: F4RS1D3;17364
Me.  

On a related note: Are any of you members of SOCSA WC (Subaru Owners Club of South Africa) or SFC (Subaru Fun Crew)?  Both clubs/crews do regular breakfast runs if anybody is keen to join.  Would be nice to have more Foresters attending.

I am a Socsa member.  We could piggy back on one of their outings too I guess. Alternatively, I can get them to join us. :rolleyes:

April 09, 2014, 12:10:14 AM
Reply #5

ProSport

• undercover post master

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: F4RS1D3;17364

used to be long standing member of SOCSA. went into hiding for a few years, but busy making my come back as we speak. also part of SFC these days.

if anything we should try and get as many ppl form this forum to join SOCSA. it is after all the one and only official Subaru owners club of South Africa and the only independent owners organization recognized by Subaru South Africa.

but like Steve said, if folks from this forum don't want to hook up with SOCSA, we must get them to hook up with us ;-)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:13:25 AM by ProSport »
Drive One, You'll Understand

April 09, 2014, 12:37:07 AM
Reply #6

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
If there was a benefit to join SOCSA, then sure, why not.

I only joined to support. I think the LEAST SSA can do is offer some DECENT discount on services and parts to SOCSA members, after all they are the ones supporting the brand, buying and selling cars and still staying within the brand.

Having a track day at the end of the year and access to a forum that has no real value (information) makes no sense for the average forester driver. If you want to discuss who has the biggest wallet and bragging rights, well yes umm sure :rolleyes:

Social outings can be arranged by anyone and should be. If you feel like arranging a brekkie run with a couple of guys, please post it on the forum. Spur of the moment things always end up awesome.

April 10, 2014, 09:10:55 PM
Reply #7

F4RS1D3

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Steve;17378
If there was a benefit to join SOCSA, then sure, why not.

I only joined to support. I think the LEAST SSA can do is offer some DECENT discount on services and parts to SOCSA members, after all they are the ones supporting the brand, buying and selling cars and still staying within the brand.

Having a track day at the end of the year and access to a forum that has no real value (information) makes no sense for the average forester driver. If you want to discuss who has the biggest wallet and bragging rights, well yes umm sure :rolleyes:

Social outings can be arranged by anyone and should be. If you feel like arranging a brekkie run with a couple of guys, please post it on the forum. Spur of the moment things always end up awesome.

Subaru Cape Town do offer 10% discount to SOCSA members whom service their cars there.  
I have great fun with my XT joining the guys on breakfast runs and outings in their various WRX & STI models.  Foresters are always welcome and a good talking point regarding the "sleeper" disguise.
"Life is a journey, enjoy the ride"
04 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT, 219kW (Pyro tuned TD05H-18GTX)
03 Legacy 2.0 GT 5EAT (OEM claimed 171kW...)
16 XV 2.0 CVT

April 11, 2014, 05:02:37 PM
Reply #8

ProSport

• undercover post master

• View Profile
    • Email
There are plenty benefits to joining SOCSA ... well there used to be when I was running it, but I cant see why it would have changed.

for starters, we always ensured each paid up member received a gift. the value of the gift used to be equal to the membership fee, so immediately you got your money's worth back in form of a personalized SOCSA, Subaru or even SWRT gift (be it shirt, jacket, caps etc)

then there is the 10% discount of services at SSA.

then there were various other discounts from Tyres, to car parts, to tuning that was negotiated with various other venders.

then there was a year end function of which the meals were fully paid for, for SOCSA members.

+ the feeling of belonging to an exclusive club is priceless. Subaru is a niche market brand and their cars are unique and rare in its kind. why should the owners club be any different?

anyway, there are valid arguments for both opinions and I am not sure if things are still the same as it used to be in the "good 'ol days" . . .
Drive One, You'll Understand

April 11, 2014, 07:02:21 PM
Reply #9

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
                 There are plenty benefits to joining SOCSA ... well there used to be  when I was running it, but I cant see why it would have changed.

for starters, we always ensured each paid up member received a gift. the  value of the gift used to be equal to the membership fee, so  immediately you got your money's worth back in form of a personalized  SOCSA, Subaru or even SWRT gift (be it shirt, jacket, caps etc)

then there is the 10% discount of services at SSA.

then there were various other discounts from Tyres, to car parts, to tuning that was negotiated with various other venders.

then there was a year end function of which the meals were fully paid for, for SOCSA members.

+ the feeling of belonging to an exclusive club is priceless. Subaru is a  niche market brand and their cars are unique and rare in its kind. why  should the owners club be any different?

anyway, there are valid arguments for both opinions and I am not sure if  things are still the same as it used to be in the "good 'ol days" . . .

When I had my Prodrive, I was suppose to get a gift, never ever heard about it again. I was told, you will get something soon. Then eventually it was, oh you had free entry to the track day. :eek:

10% is very little. That what every cash customer is able to get.  20% could be a little bit more convincing. I remember changing tires once at that place near the airport. Nice chap.  I did not attend the end of year. Got no sms :rolleyes:

Im sure Kyle and Marc will do something this year.  Ill send them a msg to join the forum.