Author Topic: Jacques' XT  (Read 3061 times)

August 15, 2015, 07:36:42 AM
Reply #15

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Lovely car Jacques! ;)
Nice Vid too

August 16, 2015, 03:25:20 PM
Reply #16

Jacques

• View Profile
What was that, like 5 or 6 seconds?

With my very "sophisticated" measuring technique of using my phone's stopwatch and backing it up with a frame count of the video, also taking into account the speedo error, I get around 5.1  ;D
2006 Forester XT MT - 20G'd

August 16, 2015, 03:26:36 PM
Reply #17

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Damn that's quick.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

February 25, 2016, 08:40:25 PM
Reply #18

Jacques

• View Profile
After more than a year getting all the parts, I finally upgraded the woeful stock brakes to the Legacy GT's.
Got the front and rear calipers from Subaru Used Parts (aka City Deep) and rebuild them with the OEM rebuild kits.  Front discs were upgraded to the "monster" LGT Powerbrake discs which tip the scales at just under 10kg a disc.  The rear discs were replaced with the LGT OEM ventilated discs.
Front and rear pads were replaced with Bendix pads as well as the stock rubber hoses with Duraline stainless steel lines.

So is it any better that the stock brakes? Yes, very much yes  ;D

This is a relatively cheap upgrade when it comes to brakes for the SG Foresters which I highly recommend.

[attachment deleted by admin]

February 25, 2016, 10:38:38 PM
Reply #19

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Great dude! Die fozzie is nou n MOERSE sleeper!
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

August 28, 2016, 09:21:08 PM
Reply #20

Jacques

• View Profile
Some updates. Got the Coolboost progressive water/meth injection system, thanks to a group buy organised by Sav. Fitment involves quite a lot of work (which I still don't know how Sav and Fozziedriver did in a day  ???) which took about 5 days total over weekends.  Most stressful thing was tapping the intercooler to fit the nozzle, but all seems to turn out quite well amazingly. Used the existing window washer tank as reservoir and fitted the pump next to it inside the front bumper. Added the clutch switch disable, which pauses the whole system when the clutch is pressed (used for launch control and flat foot shifting). This was another PITA.  Added to that another fail safe switch which will disable the whole system and run wastegate spring pressure of about 0.65 bar.

Was all this effort worth it? Totally!!!  ;D
Running just straight water will actually lose you power. You have to tune for it. One can significantly lean out AFR because the water is now used instead of excess fuel to keep the temperatures in check.  I went from a AFR of  10.9:1 to 12.2:1 at torque peak, and 10.75:1 to 11.8 at redline.  You can probably lean it out more to reach the best power ratio of 12.5:1, but I decided to leave it at that for now. Leaning out AFR also meant that maxing out the stock injectors on a 20g is much less of a problem. Max IDC dropped from 95% to 85% even with an increase in boost, which was increased from 1.24 bar (18psi) to 1.38 bar (20psi). Intake temperatures also dropped on average about 10 deg. Celsius in the intake manifold.

All this resulted in a max load of 3.2 g/rev consistently compared to 3.0 g/rev before on a cold day. Loads of > 3 g/rev is also spread from 3400rpm to 5000rpm where it gradually drops to redline.  With road dyno estimates, power went up with ~10kW and ~20NM at the wheels.

[attachment deleted by admin]

August 29, 2016, 03:08:32 PM
Reply #21

sav

• View Profile
Awesome. well done! Very glad you're happy with it.

Me & Tim worked right through the day & night on day one, ran into a massive issue with the fog light hitting the pump and called it quits. Installation was finished another day with relocating the pump next to the shock tower.

It really is not a small job at all.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

August 29, 2016, 05:42:23 PM
Reply #22

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
wow, nice work!
That thing must F off... ;D
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..