Author Topic: Ferrari F430  (Read 805 times)

September 29, 2014, 10:07:56 PM
Read 805 times

stofstreep

• View Profile
    • Email
I was one of the best rides I had in a long time.

On the way back to PTA from Lichtenburg on sunday, just after the Stop/go near Ventersdorp, I noticed a squat, low and wide car some ways in front.
It seemed to be able to over take the bunched up traffic quite easily too.  So I decided I need to see what kind of car this is.
After some pretty spirited driving with a howling cross wind, I finally caught up with this   Black Ferrari F430 spider. Really nice car with an amazing sound track!

Near Carletonville I was right behind him, and then the fun began. Traffic was thinning but we still had some cars to overtake, and a Audi has joined the mix.
I was lucky to be able to read the traffic and could see the moment he would overtake and be ready. As soon as he pulled out I was with him and got the benefit of his slip stream.

Now I'm under no illusion that I stood any real chance and he could out run me very easily, but I was able to keep up through the traffic. The Audi tried hard, but we pulled away from it every time we over took some cars.

Near the Mushroom factory, I decided to slow down as it would not be good to behave like buggers near the city.

When I got home I had a headache from all the concentration, but it was one of the most enjoyable driving experiences of my life!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:12:55 PM by stofstreep »
Broom! BROOOOOOM!

2005 XT The Vicious Orange

September 30, 2014, 07:22:42 AM
Reply #1

SniperHilton

• Global Moderator

• S-Edition Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
Sounds awesome stofsteep!

You should have had a dash cam so we could watch a bit of the fun!

2013 Forester S-Edition | Chett Tuned - 1.2BAR | TNT DumpPipe | Zorst

September 30, 2014, 08:25:16 AM
Reply #2

stofstreep

• View Profile
    • Email
Jip! Unfortunately left the Gopro at home this time. [emoji15]
Broom! BROOOOOOM!

October 01, 2014, 05:26:32 PM
Reply #3

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hm, I also chased (er, followed) a F-something once and got a court appearance pending for that one...
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..

October 06, 2014, 03:13:48 PM
Reply #4

cyberpuppy

I chased a 911 (non-turbo) with my Astra Coupe. I managed to keep up and when I passed the guy when he took an off-ramp, I could see on his face that he was going to go back to the dealership and demand his money back. He probably just didn't want to go all-out because even the base 911 is pretty quick. But that's not MY problem.

October 06, 2014, 06:46:39 PM
Reply #5

stofstreep

• View Profile
    • Email
Hahaha.
I like to surprise these guys that think their money bought them exclusive access to performance. 😝
Broom! BROOOOOOM!