Author Topic: Impressive on simulated course  (Read 784 times)

December 02, 2014, 08:09:11 AM
Read 784 times

OBone

• View Profile
    • Email
Being an ex Defender owner, I don't want anyone to think for a moment that the XV is comparable in terms of ability, ruggedness etc. The Defender is arguably one of the best off-roaders ever built. We certainly pushed ours to the limits of its capabilities and beyond a couple of times. Even if it looks like in some of these simulated scenarios it is not behaving perfectly, I can vouch that it is a far cry from what it actually is capable of.

That being said, look how impressive the XV compares to the old Deefer. I miss my old Defender at least once a week. But I made the right choice: A full blown solid axle low range vehicle to spend 99% of its time on tar, and the 1% in the rough is an unfair waste of its abilities, and your money. Especially if we can have something like an XV that seems to do very well in that 1 out of 100 situations where you need its off road abilities. My mantra is to rather buy a road biased all terrain vehicle, enjoy it for those capabilities where you spend most time any way. And then for a trip trough Africa, rent a 2.4 Nissan DC 4x4

Enjoy

So now. How do I convince my wife we need to change the Fiesta for an XV  ;D
2005 Outback 3.0 R
That R probably stands for RACING, because it goes like the clappers

December 02, 2014, 09:55:03 AM
Reply #1

Starfire69

• View Profile
    • Email
It's simple, take her to test drive one. Let her drive, not you.

December 02, 2014, 11:03:19 AM
Reply #2

BuzzFuzz

• View Profile
    • Email
 :D
Where is the "Like" Button
Subaru Forester 2008 XS (SG)
175'000km (20/02/2015)

December 06, 2014, 07:14:17 AM
Reply #3

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
even more likeable when you start watching the other XV vids in that area...
 8)
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..