Author Topic: E36 325i (with M3 badge)  (Read 2094 times)

January 08, 2015, 10:31:38 AM
Read 2094 times

cyberpuppy

I was next to a guy in a BMW 325i (with the +50kW M3 badge) the other day. He seemed to be one of those people who really liked to drive fast, so I obliged him. When the light turned green, I floored it and just kept opening up the gap between us right from the start. I think I got a full 4 car lengths on him in the space of 200 meters. For some reasons he didn't want to go again after the first one. The look on his face was priceless though.

January 08, 2015, 10:39:36 AM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Smoked! Hahahahahaha.
E36? or E46?
I had a E36 325i Auto ('92) which I quite enjoyed and thought was quite fast until my mate wanted to know why it felt like 2 cylinders had fallen out  >:(
Anyway when I got my first XT I knew what he meant :D
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

January 08, 2015, 10:43:00 AM
Reply #2

cyberpuppy

E36 (the "dolphin" shape). The car was no slouc, but yeah, 4WD and an extra 30-odd kiloWatts and 70-odd Torque makes quite a difference.

January 08, 2015, 11:14:46 AM
Reply #3

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Take out your car, fit a 3inch down pipe and retune it so you can start playing with Luminas :D :D
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

January 08, 2015, 12:02:06 PM
Reply #4

cyberpuppy

Take out your car, fit a 3inch down pipe and retune it so you can start playing with Luminas :D :D

I'm aiming to have a full exhaust + software done sometime this year.

January 08, 2015, 12:12:31 PM
Reply #5

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Mmm nice. Need a vf43/35 too

January 08, 2015, 01:54:00 PM
Reply #6

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Mmm nice. Need a vf43/35 too
Hi Steve
I have a VF43 with a 08 STi IC (difficult to fit) and both cats removed. No resonator and a Prodrive back box.
Bang for buck, what is my next mod? I only boost to about .8 Bar and feel I would like some more. I am using some oil though, so might need to be wary of ringlands or turbo seals.
Had new head gaskets about a year ago
EBC? or a 3" downpipe?
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

January 08, 2015, 02:46:49 PM
Reply #7

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Down pipe,( CAI - Maybe )  water/meth (for safety) and 1bar boost.

The down pipe will help spool faster and the car will feel less restricted. If you have a bit more bucks, I would do the whole exhaust.

January 08, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Reply #8

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
what brand of oil are you using? Could well just be turbo seals?

January 08, 2015, 03:14:18 PM
Reply #9

cyberpuppy

A large free-flowing exhaust system likes to suck oil into the turbine. You would usually need to install restrictors (I think they're called banjo bolts) if you're upgrading to a monstrous exhaust (or just a downpipe). Under normal conditions these restrictors would starve your turbo of oil, but because the exhaust "sucks" more, the nett effect is that you end up with the same amount of oil cooling and lubricating your turbo.

January 08, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
Reply #10

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
How much oil?
Why fix it yet if your oil usage is low and not affecting anything else?

I am a firm believer that engines should use oil - I would only worry if it uses more than about 200ml per 1000 km's.

I had a Opel years ago - owned it for 8 years - when we bought it we knew it was using little oil due to valve stem oil seals - when we sold it, it was still using about the same amount of oil as we never bothered to touch the engine.
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

January 08, 2015, 08:45:23 PM
Reply #11

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
I dont use a drop.  High boosting 43 with 3inch straight through. But its only done 9000km... lol

January 09, 2015, 11:56:29 AM
Reply #12

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Wayne has suggested I use Castrol Edge Sport 10W60. Prior to that I was using Liquid Molly. No change in oil consumption. I still use about a pint every 2 tanks.

How much oil?
Why fix it yet if your oil usage is low and not affecting anything else?

I am a firm believer that engines should use oil - I would only worry if it uses more than about 200ml per 1000 km's.

I had a Opel years ago - owned it for 8 years - when we bought it we knew it was using little oil due to valve stem oil seals - when we sold it, it was still using about the same amount of oil as we never bothered to touch the engine.

Yeah, I am there.

What are the symptoms of turbo seals? It was not a new VF43 that I stuck in there.

Forester XT 2008 MT

January 09, 2015, 12:17:24 PM
Reply #13

cyberpuppy

What are the symptoms of turbo seals? It was not a new VF43 that I stuck in there.

Smoke.

January 09, 2015, 02:14:31 PM
Reply #14

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email

Smoke.

Nothing I can see  8)
Maybe a little on WOT, but it could also be fuel?
Forester XT 2008 MT