Author Topic: SG9 Daytime Running Lights  (Read 2584 times)

March 24, 2015, 07:24:32 PM
Reply #15

sav

• View Profile
Jip, My wife's reverse cam has died after 3 years, now I cannot find the right one locally and getting one from China as before will definitely now take more than 4 weeks like before, thus not an option for my wife as she has become so used to it, she leaves it on even when driving forward and uses it as a second rearview mirror.
What car?

I was going to sell my spare one but if they don't last it may be a good idea keeping it? Or you could take mine and buy me a new one if that would help?
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

March 24, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
Reply #16

sav

• View Profile
Mine looked like the ones you ordered, they lasted the longest at about 6 months, then started to flicker and then died another month or so later.
Damn, should have bought 2 sets. :(

If you want great quality then www.diodedynamics.com would be best but they're far from cheap and the shipping is not cheap either.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

March 24, 2015, 07:47:50 PM
Reply #17

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
It is on my wife's Megane - I used a universal one next to the numberplate lights, but it looks very much factory fitted like the one on the Forester. I suspect It failed due to being on always with the car and it was an extremely hot day and the car was parked in the sun.

I hope your globes lasts better than mine.
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0D Premium - Steel Silver

March 24, 2015, 07:55:18 PM
Reply #18

sav

• View Profile
Thanks, I hope so.

I've wired my camera with the reverse light so there is a very slight delay when selecting reverse but it's not too bad. This means the camera is only on when the car is in reverse so it should last a little but longer I hope.

March 24, 2015, 08:30:40 PM
Reply #19

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
I have rewired my factory cam to go on with the reverse or on an additional switch - I like having the cam on when towin.

March 24, 2015, 08:32:15 PM
Reply #20

sav

• View Profile
That's actually very clever. Can see what's going on.

March 25, 2015, 07:09:32 AM
Reply #21

SniperHilton

• Global Moderator

• S-Edition Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
I would not mind the blue. The stock yellow was awefull.
I tried the ones from Violet electronics and they keep failing. Too hot me thinks.

2 things that are annoying me - the stock yellow bulbs and the park light enclosures going yellow from age.
I've tinted mine a light grey which helps a bit but I'm still not happy with it.

I managed to find these Osram globes, at a scary price but I bit the bullet and took them  - At R320.00 for the pair, and I drive with my lights on ALL the time...
No issues yet, after about 7mths, - they have a frosted dome, so the light diffuses nicely into the reflector.

2013 Forester S-Edition | Chett Tuned - 1.2BAR | TNT DumpPipe | Zorst

March 25, 2015, 07:59:57 AM
Reply #22

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
I got a pair of LED parks off dx.com.  They physically fell apart as I installed them. And yes, I was careful!  :P

Then got another pair from AutoZone in Randburg. I think they were Philips brand - and pricey (~R170, iirc).
Around 6000K.  Been in for around 4-5 months now, so far, so good...
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..

March 25, 2015, 08:40:12 AM
Reply #23

PieterT

• View Profile
    • Email
Cool - I will see if I can order some of those Osram ones.