Author Topic: My Little Pony  (Read 3174 times)

October 21, 2015, 07:51:07 PM
Reply #30

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,
Not yet....still looking for some STI goodies

October 21, 2015, 07:59:13 PM
Reply #31

sav

• View Profile
Thanks, I've got the STi booster but still need to find the master cylinder. Might fit the booster in the meantime.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

October 21, 2015, 08:03:06 PM
Reply #32

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it.

October 21, 2015, 08:07:53 PM
Reply #33

sav

• View Profile
Will do but highly unlikely. I've got 8 pot calipers so I need the extra pressure.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

May 20, 2016, 12:16:04 AM
Reply #34

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Pic Update 20/05/2016
With 18" Aline Racers
JustinH Strut Bar

May 20, 2016, 01:27:22 AM
Reply #35

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

May 20, 2016, 06:50:00 AM
Reply #36

Jacques

• View Profile
Very cool Kaysvay!

Nice to see someone else with the sports grill. What front strut bar is that?
2006 Forester XT MT - 20G'd

May 20, 2016, 09:11:54 AM
Reply #37

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Jacques,

The Strut bar was made by Justin, one of the Cape Fozzy enthusiasts.

I will PM you his details.

Thanks
J

September 19, 2016, 12:41:32 PM
Reply #38

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Latest Ass pic-thanks to Sean

September 19, 2016, 01:02:09 PM
Reply #39

Jacques

• View Profile
Very nice!

I've just noticed your mod list as well. Quite impressive!!
2006 Forester XT MT - 20G'd

September 19, 2016, 02:20:35 PM
Reply #40

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Very nice!

I've just noticed your mod list as well. Quite impressive!!

Thank you Sir

April 20, 2017, 05:53:49 PM
Reply #41

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Update 20/04/2017

So I ordered a set of Paranoid Fabrications BLACK Front Fender Braces and i received them in a luminous green

From ordering the items online to having them delivered to my work desk took less than 6 business days... thank you Aramex Global Shopper.

The items seemed to be of great quality and it included all the bolts for the install.
My first impression of the fit was that the holes didn't align - it was off by a 1-2mm and that there was a metal lip (on the car) that hindered the install.  I contacted PF and they said that it may just be that the USDM Foresters are then different to our Fozzies.  Well, I told them that I will sort it out.  more about it below.

Most of the online Fender Brace installs say that it should take less than 30 mins to install...if you have the right tools and if you dont remove the Fender

Attempt 1 of the install

I decided to try and install the braces myself...i thought that 3 hours would be enough to install it.
SO here is a mini how-to
Jack up and remove the front wheel.  Gently remove the front half of the fender liner and there you would see above, in the middle of the wheel well, 2 holes where the one side of the braces must be installed.
Then on the other side, using the brace to guide you where the other holes are, you will see 2 cover holes, just next to the door hinge.  Remove that tape cover and then you will see where the brace will fit.  You will also notice that there is a metal lip on the body and that the manufactures seemed to have taken that lip into account when they designed the brace. 
Now with my mechanically-technically challenged brain I couldnt fathom how this brace was going to clear the lip and align with the holes. I gave it a try and quickly noticed that i needed one of those fancy rachet wrenches as the space is extremely tight.

After 3 hours, i gave up and thought i would rather get a 14 rachet wrench, instead of wasting my time with the normal spanner.

Attempt 2 of the install

After borrowing a 14 rachet wrench and aligning the holes and minding the metal lip as best as i could, i just continued to tightened the bolts until somehow miraculously, the stars aligned and this thing just fitted perfectly.

With this new sense of pride and confidence, i installed the other side and tightened both sides with the normal spanner.
Install time was prolly about 40 minutes one side and less than 20 mins on the other side.

Driving Impressions

As the Interwebs say, this mod really tightens the front of the car.  The Foz feels less like a boat and i rate this mod highly - must be your second suspension mod after the sti rear sway bar.

As my car is already stiff and NVH is already high (coilies, poly bushes, strut bars,pitch mount,etc) this simple brace seems to just make the Foz feel more like a wrx, improved turn in, better stability, better steering feedback...all great stuff.  Another benefit is that i prolly have about 25% less NVH.

I need to figure out how to post comments on the pics so that i can explain "what the picture is all about"

April 21, 2017, 08:06:01 AM
Reply #42

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
Very nice man!! I really want to put these on mine but I'll have a go at fabricating them up myself. They seem simple enough.
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"A-line Racer wheels, Bridgestone re002, VF48, '07 STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Mishimoto inlet pipe, Phenolic intake spacers, Gizmo Electronic Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilovers, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS 326mm Discs, Coolboost WMI

April 21, 2017, 08:50:46 AM
Reply #43

Kaysvay

• View Profile
    • Email
Very nice man!! I really want to put these on mine but I'll have a go at fabricating them up myself. They seem simple enough.

Thank you... for the technical guys, yes its very simple to make.  I unfortunately can only change a tyre.

The Interwebs guys start off with a cardboard layout and then lasercut a piece of steel from there.

I also read somewhere that some Prefacelift SG9s didnt have the 2 holes by the doors.