Author Topic: Pirates!  (Read 3179 times)

March 25, 2015, 11:14:07 AM
Reply #15

sav

• View Profile
I'm a bit pissed. I found a nice open source map I wanted to play with, but with the stupid boost targets I don't want to take the chance. The guy reckons it's a nice "conservative" map, but he's trying to make 1.8 bar at redline.
Hang on - are you using Romraider with the metric definitions?

Could you upload the ROM to Dropbox please, wanna have a look if possible.

EDIT:
Sorry it's clearly not PSI. The boost target table is absolute pressure in bar. Deduct 1.01325 bar which should give you gauge pressure which in this case would be around just under .8 bar so it is indeed a conservative map.

Also, one thing I've learned is that before you do ANYTHING, get your open loop MAF scaling spot on, even with an OTS ROM. I've seen two exact cars with different readings(both sensors were clean), apparently some MAF sensors are more equal than others.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:22:40 AM by sav »
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

March 25, 2015, 11:31:11 AM
Reply #16

cyberpuppy

Yes, I prefer metric units. I have a spreadsheet with conversion functions if I need it.

Well, that's good to hear. I wanted to flash it and have some fun while I wait for the sensor to arrive. I was always going to do a full custom map myself. I'm just a bit impatient.

I don't have dropbox, so I've attached the downloaded ROM's to this reply. I assume you wanted to look at those and not my stock ROM?

Yes, I know it's WRX ROM's. I compared them to my stock ROM and they're identical in features. I plan to copy and paste to my working copy.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:33:33 AM by cyberpuppy »

March 25, 2015, 11:43:14 AM
Reply #17

sav

• View Profile
Thanks. Looking at it now, looks like it's 0.65bar at 6400rpm foot flat, max just under a bar at 3200rpm.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

March 25, 2015, 11:50:44 AM
Reply #18

cyberpuppy

Thanks. Looking at it now, looks like it's 0.65bar at 6400rpm foot flat, max just under a bar at 3200rpm.

That sounds more reasonable. I had this insane map on my Astra that spiked to 2.5bar to get that "kick" and the settled at 1.5bar and tapered to 0.9. I don't know how long the tuner expected the turbo to last doing that. The turbo is very similar to the TD04 as far as I am aware. Luckily the urge to buy a Foz got me before I could learn how long a k04 will last at those pressures.

March 25, 2015, 12:02:09 PM
Reply #19

sav

• View Profile
Ouch, that sound like bad tuning - it was probably requesting 2.5 bar but never got there.

Pic coming up - comparing this OTS map to the stock one it doesn't seem very aggressive at all. Maybe Chett could have a closer look.

March 25, 2015, 12:07:57 PM
Reply #20

sav

• View Profile

OTS map is also running quite a bit less timing, assuming this is to compensate for knock on low octane fuel. Still running the same very rich primary open loop fueling table as stock.
Some other differences as well, just note the rev limiter - it's set to 7000rpm. They've also removed the IAT timing compensation, I wouldn't.

I'm no expert but it seems like a good ROM to get you started.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:16:13 PM by sav »

March 25, 2015, 12:41:16 PM
Reply #21

cyberpuppy

Ag, you're probably every bit as much of an expert as any of the posers on the RomRaider forums. (Professionals excluded of course).

March 25, 2015, 01:21:30 PM
Reply #22

Jacques

• View Profile
LOL yeah my cable only took a week from the US. The green connectors are under the dash, I'm just bit sure if they're needed for writing.

As far as I know, the green connectors are only on the 06 and earlier models.   Yes, you connect it to flash your rom.

Also, one thing I've learned is that before you do ANYTHING, get your open loop MAF scaling spot on, even with an OTS ROM. I've seen two exact cars with different readings(both sensors were clean), apparently some MAF sensors are more equal than others.

I'll second that! First make sure you don't have any leaks and then scale the OL Maf.  This should be the first thing you do when you install your wideband.  It is actually scary how off the scaling was on my car with the stock intake.
2006 Forester XT MT - 20G'd

March 25, 2015, 03:03:06 PM
Reply #23

sav

• View Profile
Odd, mine is a 2007 but I'm guessing it could have been built late 2006.

March 25, 2015, 04:08:28 PM
Reply #24

sav

• View Profile
This will also come in if you want to do SD logging:
http://subaru.hunterjm.com/

March 25, 2015, 05:23:26 PM
Reply #25

cyberpuppy

There's an .exe that does the same thing, but it refuses to run on my laptop. I doubleclick it, but it doesn't actually open up. This would be a useful alternative. Maybe I'll write my own later.

March 25, 2015, 05:28:28 PM
Reply #26

sav

• View Profile

There's an .exe that does the same thing, but it refuses to run on my laptop. I doubleclick it, but it doesn't actually open up. This would be a useful alternative. Maybe I'll write my own later.
Cool, no need to reinvent the wheel and you'll only be doing this once. If you've got your Tactrix config file logging all the necessary parameters you're sorted.

March 25, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Reply #27

cyberpuppy

I am planning on becoming another Chett, so being able to change things easily would be nice.