Author Topic: West Coast Adventure Sugestions  (Read 677 times)

June 29, 2015, 02:08:58 PM
Read 677 times

PB

• View Profile
Hi Guys!
So we head out to St Helena Bay at least once a month.
Im looking to do some day trips with the Foz and using St Helena as base camp.
Some of my mates has Outlanders, so would be cool if you guys have some beautiful spots in mind for us.
We live in Durbanville. On our way there and back we take the back road through Malmesbury.

Your ideas will be MUCH appreciated!!

July 01, 2015, 10:31:44 PM
Reply #1

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Up to Elands for a dop at the hotel 8), via Dwarskersbos.
you can try to use the railway service road (gravel) - sometimes open, other times the gate is closed - fun to drive fast, but the Outlanders may feel inferior  ;D
-32.609567, 18.317284

I believe there's a way going South along the coast from Tietiesbaai, but I think you have to know landowners.

And there seems to be a bunch of small gravel roads running up along the Berg river from Velddrif...
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..

July 01, 2015, 11:57:48 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Railway roads are closed. Spoornet has decided to close them and you cant use them without a permit. There are drivearounds though, but its a little higher up from Lambertsbay.
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

July 02, 2015, 09:25:12 AM
Reply #3

divan

• View Profile
    • Email
With the recent Trans Atlantic boat race we found that a R20 usually gets you access to those roads, so should not be a problem. 

Another road close by that I have been meaning to explore is the one that runs past Langebaanweg in a North-Eastern direction, seems to run along the Bergriver.  I am sure there will be some nice areas to explore (Kersefontein Guest Farm amongst others), and its still close to St Helenabay.
07 Subaru Forester XS
04 Subaru Forester XSel

Langebaan - Western Cape

July 03, 2015, 09:31:24 AM
Reply #4

PB

• View Profile
Excellent!!
Im going to do some homework on that info. Ill give some feedback.
Any nice weekend camping sites to go explore in a 150km Radius?

Its a Beautiful weekend for the west coast!
Enjoy guys!