Author Topic: Customer getaway to Gatsrivier  (Read 801 times)

August 13, 2015, 08:18:13 AM
Read 801 times

Dene

• Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
A few photos from our customer weekend this past long weekend. This was held on the guest farm called Gatsrivier, very rustic, no cell reception, only solar lighting and gas fridges and geysers. There are a couple of trails one can drive, three customers followed me up a jeep trail to the to top of "Tafelkop" the highest kopie in the area. We made it almost all the way but stopped about 50 metres short as the last little climb was a little to tough. I most probably could have packed some rocks and given it a bash but did not want to hurt the vehicle. One can walk forever on the farm, lots of riverbed, open areas to explore. There is game on the farm although we did not see much. The farm also has campsites which I might try out when it gets warmer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:19:51 AM by Dene »

August 13, 2015, 08:20:57 AM
Reply #1

Dene

• Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
A few photos from our customer weekend this past long weekend. This was held on the guest farm called Gatsrivier, very rustic, no cell reception, only solar lighting and gas fridges and geysers. There are a couple of trails one can drive, three customers followed me up a jeep trail to the to top of "Tafelkop" the highest kopie in the area. We made it almost all the way but stopped about 50 metres short as the last little climb was a little to tough. I most probably could have packed some rocks and given it a bash but did not want to hurt the vehicle. One can walk forever on the farm, lots of riverbed, open areas to explore. There is game on the farm although we did not see much. The farm also has campsites which I might try out when it gets warmer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:22:44 AM by Dene »

August 13, 2015, 02:28:14 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

August 15, 2015, 07:02:29 AM
Reply #3

westcoaster

• Global Moderator

• Mud lover!

• Personal Text
    Mud lover!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looks like a lekker day out!
Up here we have to arrange these things ourselves... like there was a gang at De Wildt last weekend... found out as they were driving the track...
No trip report, either...ahem..
Current: S-edition 2011 Steel Silver (S-exy young thing) - Forged, Chett tjooned, 76mm s/s wrapped DP, King Springs, 225/60/17 G012s, Sump & AT guards, cheap mud flaps, HID fogs, LED parks.
Ex:        2.5X man 2010 Pearl White (Dirty Girl) - LSS lift, 235/60/16 G012s, Sump guard, HIDs and more..

August 15, 2015, 01:36:47 PM
Reply #4

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Um, my bad. Sorry dude. Was an impromptu visit.
And then I binned my iPhone and lost all my pics. Sav has some pics and videos though.
We will go again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5