Author Topic: Forester 2003 Lights  (Read 1139 times)

January 04, 2011, 01:40:24 PM
Read 1139 times

thebrain

• View Profile
    • Email
OK, so here is th scenario: within a period of two weeks the following lights have stoppped working (in the below order):
  • Both front fog lights.[/*:m:2zbz3gqq]
  • The right-hand side front night light.[/*:m:2zbz3gqq]
  • The left-hand side front headlight.[/*:m:2zbz3gqq]
Now I am 100% convinced these are simply the bulbs, as these have blown before. I am simply amazed about the short life span of these bulbs. I know that what you buy is what you get, but these were not the cheapest bulbs I could find (neither the most expensive).

My question: what size (watts) bulbs should I get for the above lights? (I'm only asking as I would like to purchase this on the way home, and the wife is currently driving the Forrrie, so I can't check this for myself.)
And which make would be the most preferable?

I do intend driving this vehicle for many years to go, so maybe I could fork out a bit more for decent bulbs.
2003 Subaru Forester 2.5 Xec (250 000 km)

January 04, 2011, 01:49:38 PM
Reply #1

thebrain

• View Profile
    • Email
I also found this portion on the web:
Replacing a headlight in a 2003 Subaru Forester is simple enough; there is sufficient room behind the bulb to replace it without removing the entire assembly. Unfortunately, this is not the case when replacing the parking lights. The entire assembly must come out, and this requires a bit of time and patience: Expect the procedure to last 20 to 25 minutes.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6123875_replace-subaru-forester-parking-light.html

Is the above correct?

January 04, 2011, 02:47:20 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Im pretty sure they are H3 globes.

have you checked the fuses?
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

January 04, 2011, 02:50:13 PM
Reply #3

thebrain

• View Profile
    • Email
OK, so I need to get H4's for the headlight [http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f85/headlight-bulb-crossreference-p-i-54779/].

I guess I will remove one headlight assembly tonight and check the bulb size for the park-lights. And the same for the front fog light.

I will check the fuses tonight as well, but the previous 2 replacements were bulbs.