Author Topic: SOCSA Year end Charity Run  (Read 783 times)

November 20, 2015, 07:48:00 AM
Read 783 times

BlueBlob

• View Profile
    • Email
"Hi All,

Over the years SOCSA have hosted a charity event to support various needy causes. This year we have decided to host a Breakfast Run starting at the Subaru Dealership in Centurion and driving through to the venue described below.
The committee has agreed to support an animal charity that is very close to me.
My wife is a member of a non-profit organization called The Ninth Day (TND) who rescue stray dogs, abandoned,abused and homeless animals.
The Ninth Day have been kenneling these dogs at private kennels while trying to find homes to adopt them. TND also have all dogs vaccinated, sterilized and micro-chipped before going to their new homes.

Unfortunately there will always be more dogs that need homes than there are homes to take them, this results in an ever-growing number of dogs that the organization need to look after. Mounting Vet bills and Kenneling fees are becoming very difficult for the NPO to afford so the members have been forced to make alternative plans. The Ninth Day have managed to secure a piece of land that they are able to use, free of charge, to kennel these dogs while they await permanent homes. The problem though is that they have to build the kennels from the ground up.

The building process has begun and with the help of a few generous donations, some building materials have been purchased and a portion  of the builder’s costs have been covered.
The Dischem Foundation have offered R50 000 (which has not been deposited yet) PPC have donated 40 bags of cement, Afrisand have supplied a few cubes of sand a further R60 000 has been donated by individuals. The plan is to build 50 kennels to home about 100 dogs. The funds and materials received have made a start but unfortunately fall very short of everything that is needed to complete the project.

My request is that the club hosts a charity event to raise awareness of The Ninth Day’s project and hopefully encourage people to donate building materials and anything that could help complete the kennels.

TND have put together a wish-list of items and materials that would help them complete this project. Please have a look and tell me what you think. I have also included a few pictures of the progress so far.

There are many ways to help, for example Transport...
One member has a lot of paving bricks that he is happy to donate but we need a bakkie and trailer with some helpers to load, transport and offload the bricks. I am hoping we will get pledges to sponsor fencing, poles, bricks, cement etc, a lot of these will need to get transported to the kennels.
We plan on selling bacon and egg rolls, boerrie rolls and cold drinks at the kennels, the proceeds will obviously go to the 9th day, so by simply attending and buying some breakfast you will help.

Wayne Hay"

Their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/The-9th-Day-NPC-201512359308-771503809610509/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

So the 9th Day has a Wishlist, not sure if you guys have seen it below.

We have asked that all those that register for the event please fill in the pledge form and send it back to us (you will get this pledge form when you register)

Registration link: http://www.socsa.org.za/index.php?option=com_dtregister&Itemid=0&eventId=101&controller=event&task=individualRegister

Reason being, we want to help the 9th Day as much as possible, but we don't want to all bring along the same items, perhaps everyone can look at their wishlist and see how they can help?
Thanks guys, have a good day!
Current ride: 05' Subaru Impreza WRX STI
--------
05' Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Mishimoto Radiator (R.I.P)
98' Jive Yellow Nissan Sabre 200GXI (First car)
-SR20DE, CAI, Walbro, Wildcat branch, 63mm TNT exhaust system, 264/268 cams, stock ECU
-99.7kw/177nm (wheels

November 21, 2015, 07:56:48 PM
Reply #1

Cat in Hat

• View Profile
    • Email
Bump>
We would love to see as many Fozzies there as possible, please try to join us.

December 02, 2015, 09:50:31 AM
Reply #2

BlueBlob

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys, please feel free to join us this Saturday for our charity run!

Location: Corner Ayrshire Avenue & Hereford Street, Edenvale, 1609 - Subaru Johannesburg

Time: 6am

Depart: 7am

Please join us and help make a difference! :)
Current ride: 05' Subaru Impreza WRX STI
--------
05' Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Mishimoto Radiator (R.I.P)
98' Jive Yellow Nissan Sabre 200GXI (First car)
-SR20DE, CAI, Walbro, Wildcat branch, 63mm TNT exhaust system, 264/268 cams, stock ECU
-99.7kw/177nm (wheels

December 02, 2015, 08:56:01 PM
Reply #3

Cat in Hat

• View Profile
    • Email
Subaru Johannesburg are sponsoring free coffee and muffins for everybody joining us at their dealership for the start of the run. Breakfast (bacon and egg rolls) will be available at the kennels on arrival.

December 03, 2015, 09:40:23 AM
Reply #4

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5