Author Topic: Decat/exhaust and tuning  (Read 462 times)

May 02, 2016, 09:20:20 PM
Read 462 times

dv8ed1

• View Profile
    • Email
ok so i have been reading ...A LOT...about mods and tuning etc.

i have questions regards subject...how long after doing decat and exhaust is it ok to drive before getting tuned?

is pyro the only scooby tuner in cpt? i heard of GSR and JVStuning that have also successfully tuned a few subaru's.

pyro is apparently very good yes...but surely not the only one around?!

also, i'm struggling to pair my (2) ELM BT dongles with the fozzy. it works perfectly on the wifes car and all my customers Accords (i do ECU reflashing on accord K24s) but i cannot get the dongle to pair with my car.

i have my own and the prev owner gave me one as well....both are not pairing. using torque (free/lite as well as paid version)
anyone have suggestions? i have not yet tried my ODB2 port flashing unit because longweekend...

cheers and TIA
MY06 FoZzY 2.5XT SG9 stock.....for now

May 03, 2016, 10:12:00 AM
Reply #1

JoeDijeaux

Use the "auto" header option in Torque. That usually works, though it takes slightly longer to connect.

If your new exhaust isn't stock diameter, you're going to get boost spikes because your initial wastegate duty cycles will be too much and will cause overboost. If you're luckly, the car goes into limp mode before you melt a piston.

Though with that being said, I drove my Opel Coupe like that for two months before getting it tuned and it didn't break. But I was foolish and lucky back then. Subaru EJ25x engines are much more temperamental than GM Z20LEx Ecotec's.

If you need to drive around with an untuned car post-exhaust install, disable your boost control solenoid so you're stuck with wastegate spring pressure only.

May 03, 2016, 12:17:35 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
If you pull the solenoid plug you will get a code :D
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R

May 03, 2016, 01:04:56 PM
Reply #3

JoeDijeaux