Author Topic: Drivers window switch  (Read 337 times)

November 05, 2016, 09:24:49 AM
Read 337 times

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
So the dreaded drivers window switch has been bugging me for about a year. For those that are not familiar with this curse in a Forester, it is when the window winds up and the AUTO function does not disengage. This causes the motor to heat up and eventually burn out, resulting in a huge bill for a new one, and sometimes that one will pack up shortly after due to the switch not being replaced.

The cause of all this is due to the rocker assembly loosing a TINY bit of plastic off of the curved face where it engages two roller bearings on springs.

The solution was first presented to me by Veneficus on the forum quite some time ago. But I was a bit puzzled how one got the rocker switch off the switch assembly. This solution was provided by 180Foz on the forum.

So essentially one must remove the whole unit and remove the FRONT roller bearing and spring. Put the whole thing back together again and everything works just fine.
Forester XT 2008 MT
VF48, STi IC, 76mm Bell mouth TNT Free flow, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Chett Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.0

November 05, 2016, 09:26:04 AM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Forester XT 2008 MT
VF48, STi IC, 76mm Bell mouth TNT Free flow, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Chett Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.0