Author Topic: interior painting/wrapping  (Read 898 times)

January 30, 2017, 10:04:08 PM
Read 898 times

Fozxt-zn

• View Profile
after years of abuse the paint on the silver bits inside my SH  has nearly completely worn off and is looking shabby, has anyone painted them or wrapped them before?
any pics of how it turned out? 
thinking of sanding it down and painting it gloss black for a more classy look than the cheap silver colour they used originally.

January 31, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
Reply #1

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
I would sand down and paint.
Never been a lover of those silver strips, but the way the wife and kid treat the car, I'm not wasting my time.
I'd rather put that time into my bike.
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

February 01, 2017, 07:00:04 AM
Reply #2

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
after years of abuse the paint on the silver bits inside my SH  has nearly completely worn off and is looking shabby, has anyone painted them or wrapped them before?
any pics of how it turned out? 
thinking of sanding it down and painting it gloss black for a more classy look than the cheap silver colour they used originally.

I did mine in Rustoleum Satin Black. It's a bit glossier than I wanted but it's fine. Mine's an SG but you get the idea.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"Koya lightweight wheels, Bridgestone re002, VF48, '07 STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Mishimoto inlet pipe, Phenolic intake spacers, Gizmo Electronic Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilovers, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS 326mm Discs, Coolboost WMI

February 01, 2017, 10:15:11 AM
Reply #3

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
That looks great Garrsie.
With the bit of gloss, it would probably easier to wipe down.

Maybe I should look into this.
Easier to clean the car after family has had breakfast in it
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

February 01, 2017, 11:16:53 AM
Reply #4

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
That looks great Garrsie.
With the bit of gloss, it would probably easier to wipe down.

Maybe I should look into this.
Easier to clean the car after family has had breakfast in it

Thanks man. The Rustoleum satin has a very slick surface so it is easy to clean. My next thought for the interior is a nice Kenwood to match the black. This one:
http://www.autostyle.co.za/car-audio/dvd-players-screens/kenwood-ddx416bt-double-din-with-bluetooth-usb.html

Apparently does Subaru OEM steering wheel controls with just wiring at the back, i.e. no adaptor needed. Pricey but if you put the adaptor, head unit and all together, it comes out about the same.
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"Koya lightweight wheels, Bridgestone re002, VF48, '07 STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Mishimoto inlet pipe, Phenolic intake spacers, Gizmo Electronic Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilovers, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS 326mm Discs, Coolboost WMI

February 03, 2017, 03:37:28 PM
Reply #5

Fozxt-zn

• View Profile
that looks great, going to give it a go with the rear doors first to test.

Thanks

February 14, 2017, 09:17:57 PM
Reply #6

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Garsie, what is that switch to right of the gearlever for?
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

February 21, 2017, 09:24:49 AM
Reply #7

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
Garsie, what is that switch to right of the gearlever for?

I have the 4eat Sportshift box. It's the Sport, Normal, Hold button. I made a the gear knob and gaiter, great anti theft device! Thief climbs in and says "where the hell is the clutch?!?!"