Author Topic: Car wash  (Read 547 times)

May 07, 2017, 04:55:04 PM
Read 547 times

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
So, after months of not having the car washed due to water restrictions, I decided lasdt week the Foz should be cleaned.

Took it to a reputable carwash in a parking lot, asked for "mini valet" and engine bay clean.

The car was clean again, although they skimped a bit on internal cleaning (had to take it back for some rework).

When I checked the engine bay, they have washed it (good), but then sprayed the whole thing with that stupid silicone oil.
Sure, for the first hour it's nice and shiny (after the initial smoke cloud), but then dust starts to accumulate.

Now I'll have to get that all washed off again. >:( >:(

Well, school fees were R110. Never again will I allow that silicone crap to be sprayed on/in my car.

(I did make them wash the stuff off the tyres when I picked up the car, as that just splashes onto the car after the first 5 km.)
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

May 08, 2017, 09:38:06 AM
Reply #1

Fozxt-zn

• View Profile
yip, its the worst, i usually just get the cheapest, quickest wash done by them to get the car mostly clean then take it home and do a proper detailed clean with quality products, the pre-wash saves a lot of time and lets you spend the time doing the details.
meguires makes a polish for tires and engine bays and an interior detailer that has no silicone and doesnt attract dust, not very shiny but makes it look new.

May 08, 2017, 11:27:25 AM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
Hahah. Silicone spray makes a mess!

I wash my car once a week (I have a borehole) But getting into all the cracks is a pain.

May 08, 2017, 12:35:02 PM
Reply #3

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
Hahah. Silicone spray makes a mess!

I wash my car once a week (I have a borehole) But getting into all the cracks is a pain.

I use Hut Plastics Polish and a stiff toothbrush. The polish has some or another chemical in it that removes dirt really well. Places like around the badges are much easier now.
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"A-line Racer wheels, Bridgestone re002, VF48, '07 STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Mishimoto inlet pipe, Phenolic intake spacers, Gizmo Electronic Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilovers, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS 326mm Discs, Coolboost WMI

May 08, 2017, 02:53:23 PM
Reply #4

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
 But getting into all the cracks is a pain.

:o :o :o
You're too young to complain, Steve
 ;D ;D ;D
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

May 08, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
Reply #5

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email