Author Topic: Chett - N/A Tuning?  (Read 2099 times)

August 14, 2017, 09:06:15 AM
Read 2099 times

09XS

• View Profile
    • Email
Guys has anyone had an N/A Chett tuned?

Where is he based?
2009 Forester XS
Decat and that's that...for now
2004 Triumph Speed Four
Current Company Vehicle: 2017 Mazda CX-5 2.0 Dynamic Auto

August 14, 2017, 06:32:35 PM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
The NA does not respond well to any form of tuning. You might be able to tune a few more killer bicycles out of it, but really not worth the money. I do not even know if KingChett has ever done one.
Maybe you can fiddle for economy and smooth out power delivery, but that is the limit.
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

August 14, 2017, 09:18:58 PM
Reply #2

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
As far as I know, the NA ECU is not tunable.
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

August 14, 2017, 10:43:13 PM
Reply #3

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Common thought is they are not tuneable.

You fit a chip (Uni...), and they can correct a few "errors"...., but not much is gained (I know :( )
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

August 15, 2017, 07:07:33 AM
Reply #4

09XS

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for info guys. Was just wondering what my options are but wasn't expecting much anyways. Maybe just slightly better economy and a little more growl with a decent exhaust. You guys got his contact details? Sent a mail but no response as yet.

Thanks again.
2009 Forester XS
2004 Triumph Speed Four

August 15, 2017, 07:21:01 AM
Reply #5

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Don't know if one chip is better than another, I think it comes down to writes the map, if they know what they are doing.
You need someone who has done Subarus/Fozzies.
A lot of guys just chip for racing, and it's not the same as for economy/torque/....

Mine is a Unichip by Dastek (http://www.dastek.co.za/
They have "agents" all over.
Brackenfell, W'Cape

August 15, 2017, 07:27:49 AM
Reply #6

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
What did the Unichip do for your Foz Berndp?
Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

August 15, 2017, 10:32:01 AM
Reply #7

Manfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Never mind, eventually found the other N/A Chip Tuning thread.

I knew you had it done for a reason, just couldn't remember what.

I thought the UniChip might help with fuel consumption.

Pretoria

2011 XT Sportshift
2013 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost (Turbo Triple)

August 15, 2017, 10:42:48 AM
Reply #8

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
In the long run, nothing actually. Maybe it helped with fuel consumption, can't really say. :(
I had it fitted to try and sort out my pinging issue, which didn't help.
So, i've got a R3K device (chip = bluetooth module) in my car not doing anything.
The only benefit I got from it was to realize my pinging is not due to timing.
Brackenfell, W'Cape

August 16, 2017, 10:38:02 AM
Reply #9

09XS

• View Profile
    • Email
Chetts contact details anyone?
2009 Forester XS
2004 Triumph Speed Four

August 19, 2017, 01:26:09 AM
Reply #10

Durbanboy

Best thing for any engine is air. Take out the cats(who needs cats anyway. All they do is yeowl and suck food).
Decent exhaust. Don't fit a cyclic air filter. More noise, more fuel consumption.
Took my bro in law for his first ride in a Subaru last week. He drives a Kia Spottage. I have an automatic(South African for AUTO).
He was amazed at the PULL my car had. Really in 2nd had him going. His is a diesel with much more torque.
Subaru has maintained a legacy of 4 wheel burnouts. We managed it once.
If you want a burn-out car or burnt out car, I strongly suggest an XT, no offense to XT owners.
Even though I have a N/A, the pull-off is still massively brutish to most other "soccer mom wagons"

August 21, 2017, 12:18:14 PM
Reply #11

SniperHilton

• Global Moderator

• S-Edition Fozzie

• View Profile
    • Email
Best thing for any engine is air. Take out the cats(who needs cats anyway. All they do is yeowl and suck food).
Decent exhaust. Don't fit a cyclic air filter. More noise, more fuel consumption.
Took my bro in law for his first ride in a Subaru last week. He drives a Kia Spottage. I have an automatic(South African for AUTO).
He was amazed at the PULL my car had. Really in 2nd had him going. His is a diesel with much more torque.
If you want a burn-out car or burnt out car, I strongly suggest an XT, no offense to XT owners.
Even though I have a N/A, the pull-off is still massively brutish to most other "soccer mom wagons"

Hahahahaha! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did you anchor the back of the car to a tree with a rope to get a "4 Wheel burnout"? I cant do it in my 300WKW 440WNM STI, an NA car and auto will never!

The XT is the best selling Subaru for a reason, simply because it is the best Subaru.
These are not Ford Kugas

2013 Forester S-Edition | Chett Tuned - 1.2BAR | TNT DumpPipe | Zorst

August 21, 2017, 12:30:38 PM
Reply #12

limacon

• View Profile

Sigh.

August 21, 2017, 02:10:37 PM
Reply #13

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email

Hahahahaha! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did you anchor the back of the car to a tree with a rope to get a "4 Wheel burnout"? I cant do it in my 300WKW 440WNM STI, an NA car and auto will never!

The XT is the best selling Subaru for a reason, simply because it is the best Subaru.
These are not Ford Kugas

that is serious power sniper, well done!! :)
Mine:
2014 Ford Ranger Double Cab
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

August 21, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Reply #14

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email

How in the world did you manage a four wheel burnout in a NA AT Forester with open diffs? I have 200wkw/ 380wnm and know I cannot get the wheels to break traction unless I am on the skid pan with a healthy dose of opposite lock.
Not knocking, just curious......
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5