Author Topic: Whiny drivetrain  (Read 474 times)

September 24, 2017, 06:52:22 AM
Read 474 times

Andrepret

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi all. As I am a new owner of a fozzy I would like to ask a few questions. First of all, is it worth the effort of decatting, secondly, the drivetrain is slightly whiny, but I would suspect this to be normal, 3rd, if u pull away in second it picks up a vibration felt through the whole car until the engine revd get to like 1500rpm. Thanx in advance.

September 25, 2017, 08:43:57 PM
Reply #1

LoopSoosStroop

• View Profile
Decatting is not necessary, but once the cat's fail then it's much cheaper to remove them (or fool the sensors, or erase the codes), than to replace the cats.

On my NA the car did feel slightly more lively without them.
2007 XT AT
Midrand - Gauteng

September 26, 2017, 02:35:13 PM
Reply #2

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi all. As I am a new owner of a fozzy I would like to ask a few questions. First of all, is it worth the effort of decatting, secondly, the drivetrain is slightly whiny, but I would suspect this to be normal, 3rd, if u pull away in second it picks up a vibration felt through the whole car until the engine revd get to like 1500rpm. Thanx in advance.
What car you got? Turbo is well worth decatting and tuning for a number of reasons.
N/A not so much.
Forester XT 2008 MT
VF48, STi IC, 76mm Bell mouth TNT Free flow, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Chett Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.0