Author Topic: Back in the fold...  (Read 896 times)

November 06, 2017, 06:51:30 PM
Read 896 times

PaulR

• View Profile
So after months of searching, and being disappointed in other brands, I decided to rather go back to what I know....another Forester. I found a fairly clean 09XS MT with low mileage and full service history at the agents. Thanks to Fozziedriver for helping me out in taking a look at the car, you are a LEGEND! On the list of mods:
 - a leather treatment for the seats
 - decat and freeflow exhaust with smaller rear boxes (I love that boxer rumble)
 - LSS sumpguard and liftkit
 - plastidip the mags in matte black

Thats about it for now...oh, and couldn't resist a bit of gravel when I picked her up ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ex 2007 SG9 XS AT

November 06, 2017, 07:01:34 PM
Reply #1

Starfire69

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome back to the darkside.

November 06, 2017, 10:41:23 PM
Reply #2

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome back to the darkside.
And what a dark side it is!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forester XT 2008 MT
VF48, STi IC, 76mm Bell mouth TNT Free flow, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Chett Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.0

November 08, 2017, 10:18:55 AM
Reply #3

PaulR

• View Profile
Quick question for those in the know...I'm having the cats removed and a freeflow system put in...do I need to do an ECU reset on the SH9?
Ex 2007 SG9 XS AT

November 09, 2017, 10:09:53 AM
Reply #4

Fozxt-zn

• View Profile
you will have error codes on the sensors, the exhaust guys will either need to fit cat foolers or take it to a tuner to have the codes muted

November 10, 2017, 09:04:20 PM
Reply #5

NeilF

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome! We have twin scoobies :)

Powerflow removed my cats and installed a cat fooler, so far so good.. They also replaced the back boxes and tips. Just be prepared for some drone, might get a bit irritating. I don't drive mine daily so it's fine for me.
2009 Forester XS

November 11, 2017, 06:54:01 AM
Reply #6

PaulR

• View Profile
Is there anway to get rid of that drone. The powerflow team reckon my exhaust is perhaps too loud because the previous owner had the xt tips put on, and they say if I put "normal" tips on it will be a tad quieter...anyone else had this before?
Ex 2007 SG9 XS AT

November 11, 2017, 11:12:17 AM
Reply #7

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
Is there anway to get rid of that drone. The powerflow team reckon my exhaust is perhaps too loud because the previous owner had the xt tips put on, and they say if I put "normal" tips on it will be a tad quieter...anyone else had this before?
Yip. Bigger tips has a trumpet/vuvuzela effect which amplifies droning.  I had that problem with both my XTs with aftermarket exhaust. A smaller tip or an insert in the bigger tip works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

November 11, 2017, 09:34:16 PM
Reply #8

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email

Turn the Radio Volume up 5 notches

;D ;D
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape