Author Topic: 3rd time Forester owner, good to be back.  (Read 674 times)

February 13, 2018, 04:22:54 PM
Read 674 times

Rudcor1

• View Profile
Its good to be back in a Subaru after a 3 year break!  I got a 2011 Forester XT Auto in Satin White Pearl with amazingly low mileage (70000km) 2 weeks ago. 
I feel like a kid again and started acting like one as well.  I immediately had the two stock back boxes replaced with something more free flowing, a turbo Subaru should sound like one, and not content started stripping the front bumper off the first weekend of ownership.  I baked the headlights, opened them and changed the chrome bezels inside to matt black, and while I was at it, the front grill as well.

My love affair with Subaru started in 2004 when I bought my first, a 2002 WRX wagon in World Rally Blue Pearl with the obligatory gold OZ wheels from Mr. Bernard de Vantier at Subaru Somerset west.
Blew me away, especially after fitting a massive diameter polished steel racing exhaust system that was apparently imported by one of the rally blokes in SA.  Had to have it modified to fit the wagon, but that was just part of the fun.  A few clutches and tonnes of fun later I moved away from Subaru only to return again and again.

What followed was a 2007 Forester XT manual in Newport Blue, fitted with the Prodrive conversion but without the body kit, again from Mr de Vantier, this time from Barloworld Cape town.  Simpply amazing and probably my favorite vehicle ever.

In the mix was also a 2006 Legacy 2.0 GT manual in Silver,
a 2008 WRX Premium sedan in silver,
and a 2009 Forester XS Manual in a Gunmetal Metallic.

I am looking forward to reading some of the topics and comments on this forum and will be asking questions about the auto box fitted to my current XT.  Very interesting bit of kit indeed ??? ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
2011 XT Auto

February 16, 2018, 08:28:19 AM
Reply #1

jbh

• View Profile
    • Email
jbh
Southernmost point of Africa
Ex:2003 Forester XSel Dual Range
Now: 2009 XS Dual Range. LSS sump guard.
Pedders Suspension. Aluminium heavy duty Radiator.

February 21, 2018, 09:04:20 AM
Reply #2

NeilV

• View Profile
Welcome, awesome car you have, really looks good!  :D
Cape Town

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS auto