Author Topic: Custom ARB Bumber types for OutBack . and a few other questions  (Read 228 times)

March 14, 2018, 10:53:39 AM
Read 228 times

Oingo Boingo

• View Profile
    • Email
Ello Fello Subie fans

A few questions here from a noob to Subaru....

I saw a few youtube posts where guys had fitted ARB type bumpers to a 2011 Forester and Outback.  Anyone have any ideas on someone that could custom make these ?  See the pic attached

Also looking for car mats or Liners similar to the Weathertechs I saw in the USA.  AMAAAAAAAAZING product . ( . See the pic attached ) . - Any Ideas on where to get ?

Also have question about spark plugs - I have the 2,5 2011 Outback.   What plugs would you recommend - Is it worthwhile going for
the NGK Platinum plugs ??

Your help greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:12:49 AM by Oingo Boingo »

March 14, 2018, 11:28:48 AM
Reply #1

LoopSoosStroop

• View Profile
1. Not sure how the ARB or custom bumpers would affect airbag activation and warranties and insurance? Adds a lot of weight. I would stay away personally, but understand the appeal.

2. You can import the mats yourself via something like Shipito or directly from the supplier. No one in SA will stock them for a Scoob I would guess.

3. Use the OEM recommended platinum plugs. Plugs on a Subaru are a major pain to change, so it's best to do it as few times as possible, so the 100 k interval for platinum is a win.
2007 XT AT
Midrand - Gauteng

March 15, 2018, 03:16:27 PM
Reply #2

Stev0

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Email
1 - I wouldn't spend money on a bumper. If you need a bumper you are clearly taking your car into places where it shouldn't be. I would rather spend the money on a spacer lift and larger tires.
2 - make sure you buy RIGHT-HAND DRIVE carpets
3 - Buy your plugs from ROCKAUTO.com and save 75%
Jeep Commander CRD - GDE Hot Tune
ex Prodrive Xt, X, XT, WRX STI, Outback 3.0R