Author Topic: Hello from Centurion  (Read 166 times)

April 05, 2018, 11:03:42 AM
Read 166 times

Vicks

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Guys,

Name is Darrin. I hail from the sinkhole metropolis of Centurion and bought a 2009 2.5XS Auto in January and she's sitting on 172'000KM

So far so good. There was a oil leak on the head gasket, but this was fixed by the dealer. We sell cars.
she's a bit thirsty with town driving +-14L/100km. highway driving is +- 9.6-10l/100km

Reading through the forums I see that I should replace the radiator rather soon. I can see that the radiator is leaking a bit. Slowly loosing cooling fluid.

I would greatly appreciate some advise on where you guys do change your radiators out and estimated pricing. I think I can change it out myself. Further to that, What coolant do you guys use? and do you guys also replace the thermostat every 100k as a preventative measure? then is there anything else I need to look at with regards to the cooling system at this point?

Regards

Darrin

April 05, 2018, 11:15:50 AM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Darrin
We can help you with the radiator and either top and tail the core with new tanks, or make a new one for you.
Drop me a pm at Intent Performance and we can do pricing for you. 0827859277
The thermostat is fine OEM hey.
Forester XT 2008 MT
VF48, STi IC, 76mm Bell mouth TNT Free flow, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Chett Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.0