Author Topic: New owner  (Read 478 times)

April 22, 2018, 11:52:29 AM
Read 478 times

fuz940510

• View Profile
Hi everyone

I decided to bite the bullet and get a Forester - absolutely amazing cars. My family has a bit of a history with them, thankfully, and continuing the tradition made sense to me.

My mom had a silver 2000 Impreza with the 2.0 engine and manual gearbox. She drove it for about 7 years before my brother took it over, and he had it for another 7 years before it eventually got written off, with almost 400k on the odometer

My old man has a white 2012 Forester 2.5XS, also manual. He is loving it. Before that he had a red 2007 Forester 2.5X, again manual. It is sitting on about 240k on the odo, but desperately needs some love.

First car was a Mk1 Ford Focus with the 2.0 Zetec. Great car, but it was starting to get a bit unreliable. It left me stranded on the Empire Rd offramp in Joburg in peak traffic, as the fuel pump exploded.

As i was working and still staying with my folks, my next car was a 2005 Nissan 350Z, manual gearbox. It was quite a step-up, and i loved it dearly, but being unable to take more than 1 passenger or a mountain bike left me realising that something practical was needed.

As such, i bought the 07 Forester from my dad. As i've mentioned, it really needs some work, which is why i have joined these forums.

I'm relatively mechanically able, having helped to build a Birkin 7 kit car with a stage 2 Toyota 4AGE, Ford 5 speed and a Subaru LSD. I've also done most of my own car maintenance since i started driving, and have access to a full workshop.

SA forums are much friendlier than the international ones, so i hope it is going to be a great time  :)

Cheers,
Kean

April 22, 2018, 07:16:57 PM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Sounds awesome man
Welcome to the forum
Pics? Or it never happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

April 23, 2018, 09:25:56 AM
Reply #2

fuz940510

• View Profile
Only photo i can find of the Birkin 7:

The garage was a mess of audio projects, biltong, droe wors and car parts

I'll dig up a photo of my Z when i can  :)

April 23, 2018, 03:46:29 PM
Reply #3

jbh

• View Profile
    • Email
And a photo of the Fozzie as proof of ownership please!!!  ;D.
jbh
Southernmost point of Africa
Ex:2003 Forester XSel Dual Range
Now: 2009 XS Dual Range. LSS sump guard.
Pedders Suspension. Aluminium heavy duty Radiator.

April 24, 2018, 06:50:02 AM
Reply #4

fuz940510

• View Profile
Happily  :)

April 24, 2018, 02:05:45 PM
Reply #5

Dene

• Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
I don't know what is more impressive...the Birkin or the biltong ! ;D

April 24, 2018, 02:33:50 PM
Reply #6

fuz940510

• View Profile
It was chaos. One of my dads business partners went hunting and shot and Eland. Bravely, my dad bought half of the meat. 250kg of it arrived one day. When we ran out of space in the freezers, we had to hang the rest. A double garage strung up with wors and biltong, space about 10cm apart.

We eventually had to give it away in bundles because it was too dry and we honestly got sick of eating it  ;D

At the same time there was a massive amplifier being built, which weighed about 60kg once finished. That's the shell of it to the right of the nose of the Birkin

April 25, 2018, 11:54:46 PM
Reply #7

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
It was chaos. One of my dads business partners went hunting and shot and Eland. Bravely, my dad bought half of the meat. 250kg of it arrived one day. When we ran out of space in the freezers, we had to hang the rest. A double garage strung up with wors and biltong, space about 10cm apart.

We eventually had to give it away in bundles because it was too dry and we honestly got sick of eating it  ;D

At the same time there was a massive amplifier being built, which weighed about 60kg once finished. That's the shell of it to the right of the nose of the Birkin

For Heavy Metal music? ;D ;D
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

April 26, 2018, 06:06:27 AM
Reply #8

fuz940510

• View Profile
For Heavy Metal music? ;D ;D
Something like that  ;D running at full tilt it would pull about 2.5kw from the wall

April 26, 2018, 08:50:44 AM
Reply #9

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape