Author Topic: Headlight options  (Read 163 times)

April 24, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
Read 163 times

fuz940510

• View Profile
Hi all

My 07 Forester 2.5X is suffering the usual problem with the headlights - moisture. I understand there is a way to split off the lens and clean out the inside, but i'm also quite concerned about the headlights themselves.

To be honest, they are atrocious.

About 6 months ago i "upgraded" to the Phillips Crystal Vision for both dims and brights, and all it managed to do was change the light from yellow to white.

In my searchings i came across these:

Brights:  https://www.carid.com/2007-subaru-forester-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-175100336.html
Dims:     https://www.carid.com/2007-subaru-forester-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-88857015.html

It looks to be a pretty straight forward conversion, just needing some sidecutters, crimping tool, screwdriver and some patience.

If i can stomach the cost, i was also contemplating new housings:
https://www.carid.com/2007-subaru-forester-headlights/tyc-factory-replacement-headlights-109408800.html

Any opinions? I see a bunch of people here have gone to HID bulbs, rather than LED.

Thanks,
Kean

April 24, 2018, 09:27:52 AM
Reply #1

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Kean,

If you want someone to do your light seals for you, pop me a pm.
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"Koya lightweight wheels, Bridgestone re002, Custom 20g turbo, STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Custom turbo inlet, Phenolic intake spacers, Gizmo Electronic Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilovers, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS Discs, Coolboost WMI

April 24, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
Reply #2

jbh

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi fuz.
Just make sure that your replacement bulbs fit HID headlights. Many of them are just for Halogen.
jbh
Southernmost point of Africa
Ex:2003 Forester XSel Dual Range
Now: 2009 XS Dual Range. LSS sump guard.
Pedders Suspension. Aluminium heavy duty Radiator.

April 24, 2018, 10:22:41 AM
Reply #3

fuz940510

• View Profile
Hi Kean,

If you want someone to do your light seals for you, pop me a pm.
Thanks Garrsie, will send a PM soon

Hi fuz.
Just make sure that your replacement bulbs fit HID headlights. Many of them are just for Halogen.
Hi jbh

The stock clusters are currently for halogen bulbs, but I'll need to check.

Someone on AVForums.co.za suggested I get in contact with Violet Electronics and see if they can put xenon projectors into the headlight cluster. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Kean

April 24, 2018, 02:02:41 PM
Reply #4

jbh

• View Profile
    • Email
I have seen some on the mentioned website that fit our standard lights. Just clicked on the "Fits following models".
jbh
Southernmost point of Africa
Ex:2003 Forester XSel Dual Range
Now: 2009 XS Dual Range. LSS sump guard.
Pedders Suspension. Aluminium heavy duty Radiator.

April 24, 2018, 04:07:57 PM
Reply #5

fuz940510

• View Profile
I have seen some on the mentioned website that fit our standard lights. Just clicked on the "Fits following models".
Yup, that's my thought. I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and try the dims