Author Topic: Starting issue  (Read 331 times)

May 27, 2018, 01:06:31 PM
Read 331 times

Bushbuck

• View Profile
Hi All

Maybe one of you fine gentlemen have experienced a similar problem. My 07 Fozzie has an intermittent starting problem.
You turn the key, starter motor turns, cranks the motor maybe once, bendix disengages and and starter motor continues spinning. I have removed and cleaned the motor and all looks good. I then replaced the solenoid and the problem still occurs. Have checked all the starter motor wiring, removed and cleaned all the connections including the earths.

Is it possible that there is an electronic fault? Fuel starvation, no air intake etc that could cause something like this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Gavin

May 28, 2018, 10:47:08 AM
Reply #1

boxerulez

• View Profile
    • Email
Could it be that your ignition switch is faulty, breaking connection just long enough for starter fail safe to kick in and then making connection and continuing spinning the armature while disengaged from flywheel.

May 30, 2018, 11:09:08 AM
Reply #2

Bushbuck

• View Profile
problem is the bendix. Any ideas where I can get a starter motor or bendix?

June 17, 2018, 09:03:07 AM
Reply #3

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Agents, or if you have time, try Masterparts, and match one up.
Everybody will tell you to go away if you want Subaru parts, but you need to find someone who is willing to look further than the catalog, get off his/her stool, and try to help you.

Or you can try the big auto electrical suppliers.
There was "Sparxx" in Brackenfell, they are now part of Tygerberg Auto Electrical

https://www.google.co.za/search?q=sparxx+auto+electrical&rlz=1C1AOHY_enZA712ZA712&oq=sparxx&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.5227j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape