Author Topic: FORESTER S EDITION looking to get my BURBLE and RUMBLE on!!!!!  (Read 184 times)

September 04, 2018, 02:26:07 PM
Read 184 times

S EDITION FUN WAGON

• View Profile
    • Email
HEY GUYS AND GALS
first time posting
got a 2012 S edition november last year.... currently we are sitting on 50 000km mileage. LOVING MY FOZZY.
we are up in Kzn Hillcrest area, the other day I saw another S edition same colour and everything.... cue much excitement
soon turned to jealousy when he pulled away...... his Fozzy had the most amazing burble..... not demolition derby loud..... perfect little rumble..... from afar his tail pipes looked different

back to me.....

Where do you guys suggest taking her to for some burble inducing exhaust alterations?
what would you suggest I do that WONT involve having to tune or fiddle with SW or mess with anything?

is it possible to just fit back boxes for example which will be slightly louder and not require tuning etc?

Many thanks in advance chaps

much obliged

Grant

September 13, 2018, 06:24:49 PM
Reply #1

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Grant
Yes, the rumble comes from the back box. You can take your car to Powerflow if there is one there by you. They can put some nice boxes in and even keep the stock tail pipes I am sure. Although why you want to avoid the tuning route beats me. The stock maps and exhaust set up do not do these cars any favours. Too rich in some areas and too lean in others.
At a minimum you should consider a decat and a tune, as it sorts out the fueling and a by product is a few extra ponies and quite a lot of torque.
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

September 14, 2018, 06:54:46 AM
Reply #2

Garrsie

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Grant
Yes, the rumble comes from the back box. You can take your car to Powerflow if there is one there by you. They can put some nice boxes in and even keep the stock tail pipes I am sure. Although why you want to avoid the tuning route beats me. The stock maps and exhaust set up do not do these cars any favours. Too rich in some areas and too lean in others.
At a minimum you should consider a decat and a tune, as it sorts out the fueling and a by product is a few extra ponies and quite a lot of torque.

What he said  :)
2006 Forester XT, Wiseco pistons, 18"Koya lightweight wheels, Bridgestone re002, Custom 20g turbo, STi IC, 76mm exhaust, Walbro 255, Custom turbo inlet, intake spacers, Gizmo Boost Controller, TGV deletes. BC RA Coilies, Brembo big Calipers, PB RS Discs, Coolboost WMI, Intent Performance Tuned

September 17, 2018, 11:08:46 AM
Reply #3

S EDITION FUN WAGON

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Fozziedriver
massive thanks for the advice.

you have more than tweaked my interest in the decat and tune

now if my scrolling through this forum has taught me anything it is that CHETT is the man to speak to

further scrolling tells me he is not based in KZN  :'(

next best in kzn?

or am i driving my S Edition all the way to Chett?
 ;D

September 22, 2018, 08:56:13 AM
Reply #4

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Fozziedriver
massive thanks for the advice.

you have more than tweaked my interest in the decat and tune

now if my scrolling through this forum has taught me anything it is that CHETT is the man to speak to

further scrolling tells me he is not based in KZN  :'(

next best in kzn?

or am i driving my S Edition all the way to Chett?
 ;D
Come up for the weekend. We will decat and tune for you. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5