Author Topic: WANTED: -MAF Adaptor for Cone filter - Forester XT 2006  (Read 294 times)

April 14, 2019, 05:32:58 PM
Read 294 times

chickenlip

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Guys

as the title suggests, I'm finding it really hard to locate a local supplier for the MAF adaptors to allow a Cone Filter to be installed into the Foz.
This is something i want to look at doing in the near future, if this is not "sufficient" I will also in the near future be looking at a full stainless 76mm system for some more grunt and growl.
something like the attached would suffice:

TIA
cheers
2006 XT (MT) Crystal Grey
Decatted Downpipe (Stock)
GReddy RZ-BOV
ScoobySport Back Box

JHB South

April 14, 2019, 05:45:02 PM
Reply #1

sav

• View Profile
Iíve had that exact one in your photo, was cheap to import but still a waste of time and money. Heat soak was horrible and I very soon went back to the stock air box. It works.
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

May the Forester be with you...

April 15, 2019, 10:20:33 PM
Reply #2

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
And a cone filter is only good for very clean environments(showroom floor), or if you really want to practice engine re-buids.
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

April 16, 2019, 06:55:30 AM
Reply #3

sav

• View Profile
And a cone filter is only good for very clean environments(showroom floor), or if you really want to practice engine re-buids.
How so?
2007 XT Premium Sportshift (Decat, VF48 @ 1.2 bar, STi TMIC, Chett tjooned, BBK, coilovers, etc etc eish!)

April 16, 2019, 07:10:52 AM
Reply #4

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
I agree with this.
I also agree that the stock filter is also not that effective in very dusty environments...
-ex- 2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

April 16, 2019, 07:15:51 AM
Reply #5

sav

• View Profile
I agree with this.
I also agree that the stock filter is also not that effective in very dusty environments...
If the stock filter is not effective enough, then what is?

April 16, 2019, 09:31:35 AM
Reply #6

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
My Dirt biking experience says the only way to keep dust out is an oiled foam filter.
On farm machinery the "paper" filters works fine, but only because the machines have a pre-cleaning systems.
My Ford Ranger also gets dusty on the intake side after the filter.
-ex- 2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

April 16, 2019, 09:43:57 AM
Reply #7

sav

• View Profile

April 17, 2019, 09:57:26 AM
Reply #8

chickenlip

• View Profile
    • Email
Iíve had that exact one in your photo, was cheap to import but still a waste of time and money. Heat soak was horrible and I very soon went back to the stock air box. It works.

So you willing to part with your adaptor if you still have it? :P
2006 XT (MT) Crystal Grey
Decatted Downpipe (Stock)
GReddy RZ-BOV
ScoobySport Back Box

JHB South

April 17, 2019, 10:02:16 AM
Reply #9

sav

• View Profile

Already sold it, unfortunately.

April 19, 2019, 08:38:06 AM
Reply #10

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
How so?

Just look at the amount of filter media surfave you have on a cone filter, and also the "coarseness" of that media.
The speed at which the air goes through a cone filter, compared to a big std filter, is much higher, therefore dirt(especially then fine dust on gravel roads...) is sucked through the media much easier.

Ask yourself the question: why don't cars come out with cone filters? They are so much easier to fit/tuck away/.. they save space and weight. ???
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

April 19, 2019, 12:46:46 PM
Reply #11

sav

• View Profile

April 19, 2019, 12:48:36 PM
Reply #12

sav

• View Profile

Looks like youíre in luck. I was busy cleaning and came across an intake project I had forgotten about.
Everything you need including a Greddy mushroom filter, maf adapter, etc.

Iíll post pics later if youíre interested.