Author Topic: King Springs Order  (Read 252 times)

July 28, 2019, 03:43:52 PM
Read 252 times

Otterjasie

• View Profile
    • Email
Good day everyone

I am about to order king springs for my SH to fit along with bilstein B6 monotube shocks.

Anyone who wants to order king springs with me to share shipping costs?

Regards
Erik Malan

July 28, 2019, 08:27:49 PM
Reply #1

PaulR

• View Profile
What's the price tag attached to this?
Ex 2007 SG9 XS AT

July 29, 2019, 08:25:22 AM
Reply #2

Otterjasie

• View Profile
    • Email
The prices range from 304 AU$ to 340 AU$ for a set (front & rear) depending which store you look at. Then you should add 15% for vat and 10% for tax and shipping. I am currently awaiting a quotation for shipping from the store.

So the total price would be in the order of R 5500. I will confirm once I have a quotation for shipping.

July 29, 2019, 10:46:47 PM
Reply #3

PaulR

• View Profile
I'd be keen on that. My front shocks are ok for now, but my rears have a distinct bounce to them. Is there a marked improvement with the bilstein shocks/king spring setup vs the OEM setup?
Ex 2007 SG9 XS AT

July 30, 2019, 09:05:49 PM
Reply #4

Otterjasie

• View Profile
    • Email
Just to clarify, the estimated cost is for the springs only. I will be ordering them from Australia so sharing shipping costs could help.

The Bilsteins are supplied locally by Imcomex. I am currently in contact with them to establish pricing and will post as soon as I have an answer.

The cheapest solution to the SH handling problem seems to be simply fitting SJ shocks:

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f242/sj-struts-shocks-do-work-sh-2011-sti-control-arms-fit-781873/

The Bilsteins are mono-tube high-pressure gas shocks vs the oem/KYB twin-tube low-pressure gas shocks. The Bilsteins can be fitted with oem non-SLS springs.

https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/product/bilstein-b6/

I am planning to fit Bilsteins with King Springs for (hopefully) the best possible standard ride height suspension set-up.