Author Topic: Mishimoto Radiator, caps, and thermostat quality  (Read 285 times)

August 08, 2019, 12:36:28 PM
Read 285 times

MikeH

• View Profile
    • Email
As a precaution, I replaced the stock radiator on my 2008 XT Forester auto with an OEM unit at around 80 000km - Subaru were offering a good price on these units at the time.  The car is now sitting on 125,000km and I have decided to replace with an all aluminum Mishimoto radiator and universal cooler for the ATF fluid.

The overseas forums tend to rate quality on the Mishimoto radiators as poor and many won`t touch them.  This is particularly true of the Mishi caps and thermostats.  As the Mishi radiator appears to be definitely superior to the OEM plastic units which fail eventually as a matter of course, I will fit the Mishi unit that I have bought.  However, will probably replace the radiator and overflow bottle caps, and thermostat with OEM in the interests of reliability.

Has anyone experienced problems with the aftermarket Mishimoto radiators, caps, or thermostats and any advice in this regard?

August 08, 2019, 12:56:02 PM
Reply #1

Dene

• Personal Text
    Just do it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Have only heard good things about Mishimoto radiators, although that is limited intel. as not many people have them fitted out here.

August 09, 2019, 09:57:53 AM
Reply #2

jbh

• View Profile
    • Email
When I replaced my radiator with a "generic" Mishimoto, I fitted the Subaru radiator cap as the replacement cap was iffy.
jbh
Southernmost point of Africa
Ex:2003 Forester XSel Dual Range
Now: 2009 XS Dual Range. LSS sump guard.
Pedders Suspension. Aluminium heavy duty Radiator.

August 09, 2019, 06:29:36 PM
Reply #3

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Nothing wrong with the OEM caps, so why waste money on the Mishi..
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape