Author Topic: Introducing Sunset 2.5X (2006)  (Read 243 times)

September 02, 2019, 10:08:39 AM
Read 243 times

fozguy

• View Profile
Hi Everyone

I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Foz 2.5X automatic (SG I think?), named 'Sunset'. I've just upgraded from a 1.4carb citi golf.... woooooooah! What a motoring revelation!

Except for the shock in decreased fuel consumption (however, on a recent trip to Elands Bay I got 11.4km/l!). Around town, it's a different story.

The only 'upgrades' I'm looking to do are a bluetooth radio (though it doesn't seem there is much scope with an OEM radio?), towbar and roofracks.

I'm happy to join the community!

September 04, 2019, 09:55:57 PM
Reply #1

berndp

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Fozguy,
Welcome here.

BT radio options are not so good, to to the size of the D/Din radios compared to the available size in the dash. Look at Dr.Google, there are guys who have done some mods in this regard.
I know guys have installed Parrot BT modules, and somehow interfaced them to the stock radio. Try the Car Audio guys.

Towbar? Not sure who can help
Roofracks: try Bart @ zero-seven-3 one4one 8six22 (he is in Brackenfell)
Unfortunately the roof racks for the SG's are a bit of a "female dog", due to the type of roof rail. Don't bother Holdfast don't have a solution.
Thule made some, and Mont Blanc made the OEM Subaru ones (both options are a bit pricey)
Subaru Forester 2005 2.5 Xsel
Always looking for a tar free "road"
Brackenfell, W'Cape

September 10, 2019, 06:54:17 AM
Reply #2

Veneficus

• Global Moderator

• Windg@t XT driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Welcome

You can get Bluetooth radio in 1 DIN or 2 DIN radio's but they won't be stock
I fitted 2 DIN JVC Bluetooth 2 weeks ago and the radio Cost me R2150
It plays movie and full Bluetooth features

Single DIN JVC Bluetooth units is available from about R1300 depending on what else you want as part of the radio
2007 2.5XT Manual (and boy did I have to search for manual one)

September 10, 2019, 09:03:35 AM
Reply #3

fozguy

• View Profile
Thank you for the help. Looks like I'll just have to go with a non-OEM bluetooth radio.

And I think I've found a towbar and roofrack that will work!