Author Topic: People's lack of logic  (Read 997 times)

February 27, 2014, 06:15:32 PM
Read 997 times

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
The logic of people (or rather lack thereof) never ceases to amaze me.

Today, I got a phone call from a telemarketer from some Vodacom reseller trying to sell a data contract to me with a Lenovo tablet.

After listening to her go on about how good the tablet is, which is so much better than my current iPad, she said stuff like: "It is only R299 per month no matter how I use it" and then a bit latter the obvious: "You get 500MB of data and 30c out of bundle per MB." Before I could ask how can she can give the first statement before making the second one it was cut short with the following last bit of conversation:

Me: " This is on Vodacom, right?"
Telemarketer: "Yes, it is!"
Me: " I don't have Vodacom reception where I live"
TM: " That is not a problem, give me your Physical address and I can check your coverage"
Me: "How would that help, I know there is no coverage. We are all on MTN here"
TM: "But when is the last time you tried to use Vodacom"
Me" "This weekend when my friends visited my house, their Vodacom phones did not work"
TM: "Ok, but what is your physical address so that I can check, because vodacom expanded rural coverage"
Me: "I told you, Vodacom has no signal here"
TM:" Yes, but when is the last time you tried a Vodacom phone because you don't have one?"
Me: "I told you, friends of mine visited this weekend and they had no signal"
TM: "Yes, I know what you told me about your friends, but when is the last time YOU tried it?"

At this point I hung up...
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

February 27, 2014, 06:55:35 PM
Reply #1

F

• Personal Text
    Subaru fan, although I drive a LR now.
    • View Profile
    • Email
HAHAHA, funny.
Common sense turns out to not be so common...
2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE. BFG A/T tyres, other goodies still to come.
Ex: 2006 Forester XS manual; sump protector; 24mm LSS lift kit; thule roof rack and roof box; rally armor m/flaps.
Ex: 2005 Maxda mx5, supercharged. Then my boy was born...

February 28, 2014, 07:07:35 AM
Reply #2

Kingchett

• View Profile
    • Email
Lol... I love interrupting them when they reading a piece of paper and throwing them off.

February 28, 2014, 08:52:31 AM
Reply #3

Bravofox

• Just another Member

• View Profile
    • Email
It actually started out that she wants to talk to "Jaa-coo-bis" (My dad's middle-name is Jacobus). I asked her if she can speak or understand Afrikaans, because he does not speak British. She said no and started talking to me instead.

She phoned to the office land line, and obviously got his details from Vodacom, because he has a contract with them. So, she probably knew I was not telling the truth about the lack of coverage.

She said some funny things like, "The data is gold" an "It has a quad processor so it is four times faster"

I wish I had a recording of the conversation. :)
2015 Outback 3.6R-S
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Wagon.
-ex -2009 SH XT A/T
-ex- 2009 SG9 XT Premium Manual
-ex- 2006 Impreza 2.0R Manual
-ex- 2002 Legacy 2.5GX A/T

March 17, 2014, 10:14:02 PM
Reply #4

Wynandd

• View Profile
    • Email
I get the: "May I speak to Mr Way-nerd....Wah-nod...." then I quickly tell them to piss off...if they want to sell me crap, at least they could have the decency to be able to read my name off the list, they undoubtedly bought from some information gathering "Data farmer"......
Ex - 2007 Subaru Forester XS
Ex - 2008 Subaru Forester XT
Current - 2010 Subaru Forester XT

March 18, 2014, 07:24:30 PM
Reply #5

divan

• View Profile
    • Email
I just lock the screen and put the phone back into my pocket. They eventually realise that no one replies and goes away.
10 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
04 Subaru Forester XSel

ex:
07 Subaru Forester XS
05 Subaru Forester XT

Richards Bay - KwaZulu Natal

January 20, 2015, 09:56:18 AM
Reply #6

cyberpuppy

I just lock the screen and put the phone back into my pocket. They eventually realise that no one replies and goes away.

I do this too. especially when they call after 18:00.