Author Topic: 2.5X Roof Rack  (Read 111 times)

October 04, 2019, 08:49:20 AM
Read 111 times

d pivvy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Everyone! I ave just bought myself a forester 2004 2.5x and i've just joined the forum (I will post photos of the car a bit later :) ). I bought the car in joburg and have to drive it up to cape town in the next three days. I have a windsurfer I have to take down with me so I need to get roof racks before I leave.

I do a lot of camping, and don't wan't to rule out the option of a roof tent, but I also have a couple of boards that need to go on the rack as well. What sort of rack would you recommend? Is it possible to get a rack that would cater for a possible roof tent in the future and camping equipment and boards now? If it's one that won't support a roof tent that's not too much of a problem as I'm not 100% sure I will be getting one.

Thanks For the help!

October 04, 2019, 09:33:44 AM
Reply #1

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi Everyone! I ave just bought myself a forester 2004 2.5x and i've just joined the forum (I will post photos of the car a bit later :) ). I bought the car in joburg and have to drive it up to cape town in the next three days. I have a windsurfer I have to take down with me so I need to get roof racks before I leave.

I do a lot of camping, and don't wan't to rule out the option of a roof tent, but I also have a couple of boards that need to go on the rack as well. What sort of rack would you recommend? Is it possible to get a rack that would cater for a possible roof tent in the future and camping equipment and boards now? If it's one that won't support a roof tent that's not too much of a problem as I'm not 100% sure I will be getting one.

Thanks For the help!

you will have to look at Thule - expensive but worth it - they can then recommend what type of roof racks to get.
Mine:
2014 Ford Ranger Double Cab
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

October 04, 2019, 01:48:58 PM
Reply #2

d pivvy

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks! they are pretty expensive. they said they can put the 'canyon' model on and it will cost around 10000. So I'm going to try the guys at frontrunner to see what they can do.

October 04, 2019, 07:33:52 PM
Reply #3

naeem.cassim

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi I have Thule roof racks gathering dust in my garage , happy to let them go, WhatsApp me and we can chat 0824131319

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk