Author Topic: Wanted - 2008 or earlier forester 2.5 XS manual  (Read 130 times)

November 05, 2019, 12:06:20 PM
Read 130 times

RSA.Titan

• View Profile
Afternoon everyone

Im a new member here. Im trying to get a 2008 or earlier model fozzie 2.5 XS manual. No luck so far on gumtree or similar sites as the mileage is either crazy high or the delaerships are being difficult. Anyone selling a similar car to what Im looking for or have any suggestions where I can find one? Towbar is a plus but not a deal breaker.

Need it since I'll be making a lot of trips to the Eastern Cape on dirt roads to my family farm plus, well its a fozzie. Best cars ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:08:08 PM by Jay.RSA »

November 05, 2019, 03:00:06 PM
Reply #1

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Afternoon everyone

Im a new member here. Im trying to get a 2008 or earlier model fozzie 2.5 XS manual. No luck so far on gumtree or similar sites as the mileage is either crazy high or the delaerships are being difficult. Anyone selling a similar car to what Im looking for or have any suggestions where I can find one? Towbar is a plus but not a deal breaker.

Need it since I'll be making a lot of trips to the Eastern Cape on dirt roads to my family farm plus, well its a fozzie. Best cars ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

out of curiosity, what do you mean by dealers being difficult?
Mine:
2014 Ford Ranger Double Cab
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

November 05, 2019, 06:53:49 PM
Reply #2

RSA.Titan

• View Profile
I tried to get a 2008 model from a dealership and they kept on trying to leverage in extra costs. First it was an R5k admin fee, then they wouldn't sell me the car without an R13k warranty since I was planning on financing the vehicle. Eventually it just got too much and I cut the deal. Wasn't worth the hassle. How can you advertise a car for a price and then add R18k onto that price in order for me to purchase it?

November 06, 2019, 04:10:06 AM
Reply #3

Speedy

• View Profile
    • Email
Very frustrating when they pile on the costs, also I think adding a a warranty means they arenít liable under the cpa?? (Any knowledgeable member to confirm)

What kind of mileage do you consider high? Realistically itís a 12+ year old car.
I bought my XT at 170odd and not a days trouble.

Good luck with the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 06, 2019, 08:56:51 AM
Reply #4

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
I tried to get a 2008 model from a dealership and they kept on trying to leverage in extra costs. First it was an R5k admin fee, then they wouldn't sell me the car without an R13k warranty since I was planning on financing the vehicle. Eventually it just got too much and I cut the deal. Wasn't worth the hassle. How can you advertise a car for a price and then add R18k onto that price in order for me to purchase it?

admin fee is really petty, but all dealers asked this and the amount differs from dealer to dealer. the warranty they cannot force you to take, only have you signed a waiver that it has been offered to you and you didn't accept it.

apart from that they cannot "load" anything onto the price.

the admin fee has always been a touch point - however, you can ask them to break it down for you and show you exactly what it all includes.

fun fact: License and Registration can not be included in the admin fee - by law a dealer is not allowed to make any profit on this and must show the exact cost amount on the invoice.
Mine:
2014 Ford Ranger Double Cab
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

November 06, 2019, 09:15:00 AM
Reply #5

RSA.Titan

• View Profile
Thanks. I eventually spoke to the principal salesman and he flat out stated that if the vehicle is financed, he will have to include a warranty. That's just "the way he's always done business". Really annoying.

Also, the R5k admin fee was broken down into a "R3.5k admin and handling" and a "R1.5k licensing fee". Just to give you guys a breakdown