Author Topic: turbo not boosting  (Read 291 times)

December 13, 2019, 09:51:47 PM
Read 291 times

jay6454

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my car not really boosting its a 2007 fxt auto. It feels fairly strong in 1st and 2nd gear but nothing like i expected. Then come 3rd gear it feels like a n/a car and 4th gear it doesnt accellerate at all. Ive recently replaced both front 02 sensors as i had a p0031 code with the engine light on and the cruise light blinking. After replacing the sensor all lights stopped blinking and cruise control is working all by itself, but still dont have boost. Apart from that the car runs like a beauty. No funny noises or engine jerkyness nothing. The car is just well Slowww...

I havent taken it back to the diagnostic place again as its not showing any fault codes anymore but wondering if its not actually needed or something? Im reasoning the lights stopped flashing so the code cleared itself yes?no?

I followed step by step instructions i got from this forum on resetting the ecu which i did after putting the sensors in.

Im not very clued up anything turbo related nor am i very mechanically inclined.

Anyone else have something similar happen to them or have advice to share?

December 24, 2019, 12:35:24 PM
Reply #1

Subifan

• View Profile
    • Email
If it's not a damaged turbo it might be a boost pipe leak. Another possibility is an exhaust leak before the turbo or a waste gate stuck open. You can google ways to diagnose this.

December 25, 2019, 06:12:26 PM
Reply #2

FozzieDriver

• Blue Wasabi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my car not really boosting its a 2007 fxt auto. It feels fairly strong in 1st and 2nd gear but nothing like i expected. Then come 3rd gear it feels like a n/a car and 4th gear it doesnt accellerate at all. Ive recently replaced both front 02 sensors as i had a p0031 code with the engine light on and the cruise light blinking. After replacing the sensor all lights stopped blinking and cruise control is working all by itself, but still dont have boost. Apart from that the car runs like a beauty. No funny noises or engine jerkyness nothing. The car is just well Slowww...

I havent taken it back to the diagnostic place again as its not showing any fault codes anymore but wondering if its not actually needed or something? Im reasoning the lights stopped flashing so the code cleared itself yes?no?

I followed step by step instructions i got from this forum on resetting the ecu which i did after putting the sensors in.

Im not very clued up anything turbo related nor am i very mechanically inclined.

Anyone else have something similar happen to them or have advice to share?
If you in JHB we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forester XT 2008 MT
TD04, STi IC, 76mm DP, GFB EBC, Coolboost WMI, WHP built and Intent Tuned. Blue Wasabi V3.5

December 28, 2019, 03:50:37 PM
Reply #3

jay6454

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Fozzie

Im in Pmb unfortunately