Author Topic: 2011 Forester Suspension/Body Lift  (Read 167 times)

February 04, 2020, 07:27:00 AM
Read 167 times

defend-her

• View Profile
    • Email
I would like to lift my 2011 forester s-edition and make her a more capable pavement crawler :-D - I have been doing some research and it seems a lot of people are using Spacers on the shocks - I am uncertain if this can just be done without modification - as some have said 1" is fine but 2" requires modification etc..

(Before anyone asks I bought this car for travelling and light offroading/gravel work - the S is just a bonus :-P )

Does anyone have insight or personal experience with this and where can I get these spacers and who is competent in installing these things? Thanks!

February 04, 2020, 12:31:04 PM
Reply #1

Deetlejp

• Personal Text
    One wife - love it
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subaru sold an Africa Edition with a 1inch lift on this model
Try your local Subaru dealer, they might be able to source the parts and be able to install

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

February 05, 2020, 01:08:28 PM
Reply #2

Outbacker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi.

Yeah, the 1" lift is relatively straight forward. you will need rear sub-frame spacers to move the rear wheels back to the centre of the wheel arches.

2" lift requires no more modification, it's just the strut spacers that are a bit more involved.
If Loop Soos Stroop on the forum can't help, check out SubiLiftOz on Instagram or Facebook, or Anderson Fabrication on Facebook as well. The best, and most expensive though is LP Adventure's lift kit which complies with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard: https://lpaventure.com/pages/fmvss-126-infos

I have made a spacer kit for a 2010 Subaru Outback before, and it should have the same strut mounting pattern. I will try and check for you.

In either case you would need to do wheel alignment again.

A

February 06, 2020, 08:02:51 AM
Reply #3

defend-her

• View Profile
    • Email
Subaru sold an Africa Edition with a 1inch lift on this model
Try your local Subaru dealer, they might be able to source the parts and be able to install

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Worth looking into and I suppose there is no safer option than the OEM option - thanks for this insight I never knew about this variant.

Hi.

Yeah, the 1" lift is relatively straight forward. you will need rear sub-frame spacers to move the rear wheels back to the centre of the wheel arches.

2" lift requires no more modification, it's just the strut spacers that are a bit more involved.
If Loop Soos Stroop on the forum can't help, check out SubiLiftOz on Instagram or Facebook, or Anderson Fabrication on Facebook as well. The best, and most expensive though is LP Adventure's lift kit which complies with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard: https://lpaventure.com/pages/fmvss-126-infos

I have made a spacer kit for a 2010 Subaru Outback before, and it should have the same strut mounting pattern. I will try and check for you.

In either case, you would need to do wheel alignment again.

A

A lot of these kits are quite pricey - I have seen cheaper ones that work out to about R2000 (I understand the logic of you get what you pay for)

But is there is a difference here or cause for concern especially if its just a solid block of aluminium or PU

February 06, 2020, 02:14:20 PM
Reply #4

Outbacker

• View Profile
    • Email

February 06, 2020, 07:39:49 PM
Reply #5

LoopSoosStroop

• View Profile
I've got a 1" steel kit in stock, R2200. Give me a Whatsapp or call on 068 541 0462 if you want to discuss. Also have sump guards in stock.
Randburg - Gauteng
Blok Engineering