Author Topic: 2011 Forester S-Edition 5-Speed Auto Gearbox Servicing  (Read 129 times)

February 04, 2020, 07:51:04 AM
Read 129 times

defend-her

• View Profile
    • Email
Is it possible to have my gearbox serviced - purely from a maintenance/reliability point of view - what would this entail example linkages and things like that - I'm no expert and Is there someone that you could recommend.

February 06, 2020, 07:46:25 PM
Reply #1

LoopSoosStroop

• View Profile
Best is to speak to Tim Colvin in Randburg, he knows these quite well: zero eight two 785 9277
Randburg - Gauteng
Blok Engineering

February 07, 2020, 07:55:33 AM
Reply #2

defend-her

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks LoopSoosStroop - will contact him when i am ready (gotta do my lift first ;-P)

February 12, 2020, 07:40:30 AM
Reply #3

Veneficus

• Global Moderator

• Windg@t XT driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Depends on what you mean serviced

You Gearbox should already be serviced with oil replacements and base checks to insure that nothing is failing
You can also run the old oil through cloth filter and check if there is metal shards and so forth in it which would indicate something is not 100% inside

But "serviced" like opening it up and replacing components before hand is not generally common practice
Most gearbox items do not fail in a "everything is 100% and 5 seconds later it blows up" fashion
although it can happen

And opening the gearbox to replace bunch of components just to insure also runs its own risks
2007 2.5XT Manual (and boy did I have to search for manual one)