Author Topic: First Forester bought,thank you  (Read 206 times)

February 07, 2020, 02:12:11 AM
Read 206 times

monieb

• View Profile
    • Email
Just bought my first 2010 XS Forester with 156000km on the clock.New radiator and clutch fitted before i took possesion. Anything else i should be checking? Just want to take her off-road now to the mountains.

February 07, 2020, 07:54:48 AM
Reply #1

defend-her

• View Profile
    • Email
Just bought my first 2010 XS Forester with 156000km on the clock.New radiator and clutch fitted before i took possesion. Anything else i should be checking? Just want to take her off-road now to the mountains.

Congrats - I too just purchased a 2011 S-edition (had her for about two weeks) so far i am absolutely smitten by here! Wishing you many happy miles - I too just long for the mowntains :D

February 11, 2020, 10:40:49 PM
Reply #2

mauritsvw

• View Profile
    • Email
Congratulations! I've also got an XS and find it a very versatile vehicle with enough power for everyday use.
2012 Forester XS MT - Steel Silver (Vossie 1)
2006 Forester XT AT - Platinum Silver (Vossie 2)
Ex 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS Sportwagon - Aqua Blue (Scoob y)

February 12, 2020, 06:57:34 AM
Reply #3

Veneficus

• Global Moderator

• Windg@t XT driver

• View Profile
    • Email
XS and S editions is different models
The S is XT since it has Turbo but S edition stands for Subaru's STI variant
My opinion they could have called it STI model but they did not want to link that directly with the newer Foresters

XS is the slightly better interior which is same as XT but just naturally aspirated engine model
Generally more reliable than the Turbo model but it was not like the Turbo models is unreliable in general
2007 2.5XT Manual (and boy did I have to search for manual one)