Author Topic: New articles  (Read 3416 times)

August 20, 2012, 09:31:37 AM
Read 3416 times

Subaru Southern Africa

Nice article on the XV in CT. Epic photos too

http://rockingcars.co.za/blog/2012/08/19/subaru-xv/

August 20, 2012, 09:43:33 AM
Reply #1

PaulC

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Subaru Southern Africa;6188
Nice article on the XV in CT. Epic photos too

http://rockingcars.co.za/blog/2012/08/19/subaru-xv/

I should send it to CAR!! :p

I left a comment about the GPS speed reading being different - I thought that everyone knew that a GPS will give you an accurate reading, whilst a car's speedo will always be slightly out.
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

August 20, 2012, 09:48:54 AM
Reply #2

F

• Personal Text
    Subaru fan, although I drive a LR now.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Had an article in the Rapport yesterday as well- they liked it, said it was a close call between the VX and the GTi
2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE. BFG A/T tyres, other goodies still to come.
Ex: 2006 Forester XS manual; sump protector; 24mm LSS lift kit; thule roof rack and roof box; rally armor m/flaps.
Ex: 2005 Maxda mx5, supercharged. Then my boy was born...

August 20, 2012, 09:52:37 AM
Reply #3

Subaru Southern Africa

Quote from: PaulC;6191
I should send it to CAR!! :p

I left a comment about the GPS speed reading being different - I thought that everyone knew that a GPS will give you an accurate reading, whilst a car's speedo will always be slightly out.

Thanks Paul

Our car are off by about 4km-8km, depending on speed. This is still closer that a lot of cars.

Most of the guys who tested the same car (CVT XV in CT) as car have given pretty good comment, iAfrica, Rocking cars and David Taylor on the Carmag blog have all given us good feedback on the car. They see what the car is and what it's purpose is. David even got the car down to 7.4 l/100km.

August 20, 2012, 09:54:26 AM
Reply #4

Subaru Southern Africa

Quote from: F;6193
Had an article in the Rapport yesterday as well- they liked it, said it was a close call between the VX and the GTi

Missed that one??
Could you be so kind as to send us a scanned copy?
If you can please send it to didierm@subaru.co.za.

Thanks

August 20, 2012, 10:03:31 AM
Reply #5

F

• Personal Text
    Subaru fan, although I drive a LR now.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sorry, don't have it: read it at my parents in law. Maybe someone in the forum bought the Rapport yesterday?
2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE. BFG A/T tyres, other goodies still to come.
Ex: 2006 Forester XS manual; sump protector; 24mm LSS lift kit; thule roof rack and roof box; rally armor m/flaps.
Ex: 2005 Maxda mx5, supercharged. Then my boy was born...

August 20, 2012, 10:06:24 AM
Reply #6

Subaru Southern Africa

Quote from: F;6198
Sorry, don't have it: read it at my parents in law. Maybe someone in the forum bought the Rapport yesterday?

Not a problem, my Centurion dealer normally gets them, I will ask him.
Thanks for letting me know though.

August 24, 2012, 08:58:57 AM
Reply #7

PaulC

• View Profile
    • Email
3 Outbacks in a row :D
Currently 2006 Forester 2.5 X

September 05, 2012, 07:42:44 AM
Reply #8

kaspaas

• View Profile
    • Email
I am glad all of you are so enthusiastic about the XV, but honestly I wont be able to live with such a slooooooooowwwwwwww car. Zero to hundred in more than 13 seconds?? Seriously, my Citroen C1 1.0 will give this thing a serious run for its money in a straight line. There is also no point in the XV being 4wd, there is not enough power to cause any wheelspin. At least it looks nice. And then the price...even if you dont look at all the competitor vehicles, even the inhouse Forester seeems like a bargain compared to the XV. You can get a Forester X auto for R1000 less than the CVT XV. Really, you guys are a hardcore bunch of Subaru fans to defend this thing!!

September 05, 2012, 08:59:55 AM
Reply #9

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: kaspaas;6582
I am glad all of you are so enthusiastic about the XV, but honestly I wont be able to live with such a slooooooooowwwwwwww car. Zero to hundred in more than 13 seconds?? Seriously, my Citroen C1 1.0 will give this thing a serious run for its money in a straight line. There is also no point in the XV being 4wd, there is not enough power to cause any wheelspin. At least it looks nice. And then the price...even if you dont look at all the competitor vehicles, even the inhouse Forester seeems like a bargain compared to the XV. You can get a Forester X auto for R1000 less than the CVT XV. Really, you guys are a hardcore bunch of Subaru fans to defend this thing!!

kaspaas, one question - have you ever driven the XV?
Mine:
Jetta 6
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

September 05, 2012, 09:11:17 AM
Reply #10

LoopSoosStroop

• View Profile
Quote from: JPC;6583
kaspaas, one question - have you ever driven the XV?

I'm inclined to think that the performance stats does not really motivate him to do so. Me neither unfortunately.

I like the XV package, but it really needs at least 9,10 second drivetrain to do it justice.
2007 XT AT
Midrand - Gauteng

September 05, 2012, 09:22:06 AM
Reply #11

kaspaas

• View Profile
    • Email
I am sure it drives nicely, but I am not really into slow cars, especially at this price level. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a Nissan Juke 1.6 Turbo. You are welcome to bring you XV for a performance comparison...

September 05, 2012, 09:28:50 AM
Reply #12

Dash

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: kaspaas;6582

Kaspaas, the XV actually feels quite lively once run in and should do 0-100 in 10.7s according to other tests but CAR were given a very tight example which has distorted their performance figures.

How the biggest motoring publication in SA with the most rigourous and trusted testing procedures get given a less than ideal example of a vehicle is beyond me. Drive the thing for 2 days solid if you have to before handing it to them, especially if you know your product is on the back foot in the pricing and space stakes.

Anyway, I think we've exhausted this topic now. I do hope SSA take a lesson out of this saga rather than easily shrugging it off as another example of victimisation. We all want to see the  Subaru brand grow.
2006 Forester XT with 20G turbo
2013 Outback 2.0D CVT
ex- 2007 Forester XT
ex 2008 modified Forester ProDrive
ex-2006 Forester XT

September 05, 2012, 09:34:21 AM
Reply #13

Dash

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: LoopSoosStroop;6584
I'm inclined to think that the performance stats does not really motivate him to do so. Me neither unfortunately.

I like the XV package, but it really needs at least 9,10 second drivetrain to do it justice.

Well the diesel version does that, 9.3s to be exact.

Come on SSA, bring the 2.0D chop chop, run it in, and give it to the publications so they can eat some of their words. The price will need some serious attention.
2006 Forester XT with 20G turbo
2013 Outback 2.0D CVT
ex- 2007 Forester XT
ex 2008 modified Forester ProDrive
ex-2006 Forester XT

September 05, 2012, 09:42:26 AM
Reply #14

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: kaspaas;6586
I am sure it drives nicely, but I am not really into slow cars, especially at this price level. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a Nissan Juke 1.6 Turbo. You are welcome to bring you XV for a performance comparison...

never said it is a performance car nor would i even classify it as a performance car - all i asked was whether you have driven it. car's write up on the XV is far from the truth as it has been proven well by PaulC on the forum.

personally the XV is to small for me hence i drive Outback diesel.:rolleyes:
Mine:
Jetta 6
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask