Author Topic: New to the one and only Subaru forum  (Read 1001 times)

January 04, 2013, 11:05:55 PM
Read 1001 times

JDF-STI

Hi guys

Ok so long story cut short, I've always wanted to own (and probably obviously keep) a subaru wrx sti 2005 model, yes i know I'm probably one of the many hunders of thousands if not millions that want that model but fortunately for me I've been blessed with the financial status, after lots of hard work and determination, to finally own one!! Servicing and taking care of such a rare beauty has definitely been considered and i have even built up a mk2 gti in immaculate condition to use as a daily because i want to keep the scooby in pristine nic. The problem is I can't seem to find an owner who will let one go yet and being situated in Cape Town, i see them on a regular basis but like i said the owners never want to sell before i even mention prices. Please guys I'd really REALLY appreciate some help or just a "where to look point along" as well as to find out more about the best mechanics here in CPT because i refuse to take it to just anyone as I've had that problem with my previous 300zx and needless to say am very wary of who touches my cars now. Also i wanna know if you guys meet up and go for cruises coz i'd love nothing more than to be surrounded by these cars. I love turbo charged cars and have checked out mk5 gti's, focus ST's and even the corsa OPC's but they don't have that amazing sound and looks like a WRX STI! Once again I'm dying to get one but need help please thanks guys -JDF

January 05, 2013, 09:14:09 AM
Reply #1

JPC

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Scott me up Beamy.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
first of all, welcome to the forum, although the forum mainly consists of Foresters, Outback and Tribeca, we do have one or two Impreza owners as well.

the vehicle you are looking for is really hard to come by, there are one or two. pyroperformance on the forum will also be able to assist as they are the only people I would trust with my STi, should i have had one.

they look after 90% of the older Imprezas on our Cape Town roads. PM them and they might know of one that is available.

then, once you have your STi (or even before owning one) join SOCSA-WC Club and their forum as well. this is the national Subaru Owners Club of South Africa, their you will also have access to more members with cars you are looking for.

even if you find one in GP - one of club members can assist you by checking it out before you fly up and drive it down.

that would be my advise at this point in time.

i did get you pm, if I can find one, you will be the first to know.

good luck
Mine:
Jetta 6
Honda Varadero

Hers:
2012 Fortuner 3.0D4-D 4x4...don't ask

January 06, 2013, 11:14:32 PM
Reply #2

PyroPerformance

Quote from: JDF-STI;8662
Hi guys

Ok so long story cut short, I've always wanted to own (and probably obviously keep) a subaru wrx sti 2005 model, yes i know I'm probably one of the many hunders of thousands if not millions that want that model but fortunately for me I've been blessed with the financial status, after lots of hard work and determination, to finally own one!! Servicing and taking care of such a rare beauty has definitely been considered and i have even built up a mk2 gti in immaculate condition to use as a daily because i want to keep the scooby in pristine nic. The problem is I can't seem to find an owner who will let one go yet and being situated in Cape Town, i see them on a regular basis but like i said the owners never want to sell before i even mention prices. Please guys I'd really REALLY appreciate some help or just a "where to look point along" as well as to find out more about the best mechanics here in CPT because i refuse to take it to just anyone as I've had that problem with my previous 300zx and needless to say am very wary of who touches my cars now. Also i wanna know if you guys meet up and go for cruises coz i'd love nothing more than to be surrounded by these cars. I love turbo charged cars and have checked out mk5 gti's, focus ST's and even the corsa OPC's but they don't have that amazing sound and looks like a WRX STI! Once again I'm dying to get one but need help please thanks guys -JDF

Found this one on gumtree in jhb for u

http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Vehicles-cars-Subaru-WrX-Sti-for-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ433425553